I’m bringing all my love
I’m coming after you

I’m coming after you
I’m coming after you
There’s not much you can do
I’m coming after you

(@john-sargent)
Noble Member

"The marvelous thing about a joke with a double meaning is that it can only mean one thing." Ronnie Barker

I'm not sure you mean "I'm coming after you" as a double entendre... but I can imagine the song being performed by my favorite band when I was in college "Doug Clark and the Hot Nuts" (Google them).

Knowing your work James, I think it is safe to say that was not your intention. I think you were trying to play on the alternate "after you" definition. I liked the music you put into the breaks between verses.

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hi John,
I can imagine the song being performed by my favorite band when I was in college "Doug Clark and the Hot Nuts" (Google them).

Yes, I could see with a song like "Baby Let Me Bang Your Box", they might go for something like this :P
Knowing your work James, I think it is safe to say that was not your intention. I think you were trying to play on the alternate "after you" definition.

No, the "double meaning" wasn't my intention, but I wasn't going for anything very deep in meaning either.

If anything, I was thinking of a sub-story in the movie Ugly Duckling And Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVwxn-UJ284

In the story, a rat is on the run from a lady rat and her two brothers. It's implied that he did something wrong and she wants revenge, but the truth is revealed at the end that she just loves him and is used to getting what she wants, but he ran away because he didn't love her.

My main intention was to try to get me computer up and running again.....My computer crashed in a power outage this week, so when I got it back from the shop, I had to figure what was still working, or not and since it's summer and I have time off from teaching, I restrung my electric guitar and got it going on the computer again...

....so in all, my main focus was the production side of things and on the songwriting side keeping it with the KISS principle.
I liked the music you put into the breaks between verses.Thanks for the feedback. It's definitely a song that could open up for solos and jams.

Thanks for the listen and post. :D

James

ReplyQuote
(@hobson)
Noble Member

James, I like the music. The lyrics, well their minimal, which is what you were going for.

Renee

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hi Rene,

Thanks for the listen and post :D

James

ReplyQuote