(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Y13W19 T-Shirts for Sale

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13069726

Dream, dream, dream, dream, dream

(@davidhodge)

Okay, that was wild.

I especially liked the change of narration and the multiple musical changes that occurred around 2:45 or so. Not sure that the ending is too long simply because I dutifully waited it out, half-expecting another surprise. The fact that there was no surprise was a nice surprise, by the way.

Also, for whatever it's worth, while I enjoyed the various samplings and styles of the music, I couldn't help but thinking you could have also thrown in any number of live or "single-voiced programmed" instruments to serve as other dream-disconnect aspects. For example (and it's a bad example) I kept hearing "Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee" in my head in the section that ran (roughly) between 1:10 and 1:30 or so. There were all sorts of places where something not programmed or sampled could be dropped in.

But what a way to start the week! Thank you (again and always). Looking forward to more.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hi David,
Okay, that was wild.
Thanks. It was a fun assignment.

I have way too many of these samples that I barely know what is what or where anything is in the folders, so it was good to just dig in and piece something together.

As far as the narration, I had a writing prompt and set the timer for 5 mins. and just started free writing.
you could have also thrown in any number of live or "single-voiced programmed" instruments to serve as other dream-disconnect aspects.

Yes, there are many, many choices with such an open-ended assignment. :D

Thanks for the listen and post.

James

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

POOF*changes made :mrgreen: ....more voices in the head and the end of the song blank space cut down to a normal fade.

ReplyQuote