Notifications
Clear all

Y7 Week 1 - Wasted + mp3

18 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

I like the acoustic version, and your voice is just fine! I think that once you're comfortable recording it will come off a bit stronger. Well done!

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

When I record this I will change the wording in the second chorus to reflect this and see if it works, if it adds a bit more desperation...

Please take this as a comment not a criticism, but the song ended up sounding pretty cheery and melodic to me. If I hadn't seen the words I'd probably think it was about a much more upbeat subject. Not sure if this means that your natural strength might be with more upbeat ballady stuff, or whether it means nothing at all at this stage, but it did seem like the singing and the music weren't walking quite the same path as the lyrics . Perhaps you were being ironic though... :wink: Either way, I enjoyed listening to it, which is the important thing.

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hi Chris

I like irony, but unfortunately it wasn't - not this time.... :cry:

I would like to write some cheery songs, but I also need to be able to sing sad songs as well, so I'll practice my sad voice...

Thanks for listening and commenting - all useful stuff.

Rock on!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2