Trinkets of Eternity
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

I forgot a special title for KR2....Nice try, Gattaca

(@fisheromen1031)

Lotta good ones in there.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Yep, plenty of food for thought there - a veritable banquet! Nice mix of the arcane, the simplistic and the eclectic. Don't forget to keep a few back for your own future use, though!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Looks like a triple-album's worth of material! :wink:

"Jack in a Box" and "Rowling's Zoo" look very tempting. And I love "Children of the Korn!"

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Dave, I think Jack in a Box was done by Clodah Rodgers for some competition back in the 60s, but I suppose it could do with a makeover.... :?

Some excellent titles - hmmmm, now for the words...and the tunes....

Rock on!
D

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Lotta good ones in there.
Thanks, and welcome back :D
Don't forget to keep a few back for your own future use, though!!!
No worries. When you gave the same title "Train of Thought" to everyone, there was still quite a variety of interpretation. :wink:
"Jack in a Box" and "Rowling's Zoo" look very tempting. And I love "Children of the Korn!"
I'm happy to have sparked your interest :D
Dave, I think Jack in a Box was done by Clodah Rodgers for some competition back in the 60s, but I suppose it could do with a makeover.... Clodagh Rodgers is now best remembered for her big 1971 hit, 'Jack In The Box' which was the UK's Eurovision Song Contest entry for that year. The song didn't win, but it became a massively popular recording despite that. Clodagh's singing career started about a decade before and her first recordings (as Cloda Rogers- see below) were made during the early 1960s. http://www.45-rpm.org.uk/dirc/clodaghr.htm

....I googled the lyrics....I think the title can still be shared, besides my interpretation was going to be Jack (the Ripper) in the box (coffin) :wink: I'm sure Dave was thinking the same :roll: .....maybe not..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

....I googled the lyrics....I think the title can still be shared, besides my interpretation was going to be Jack (the Ripper) in the box (coffin) :wink: I'm sure Dave was thinking the same :roll: .....maybe not..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's no end of songs that share the same title. That's often a great way to come up with different idea for something. And I have to admit that your interpretation was a few time zones away from where my mind was. Brilliant, though! I was thinking more along the lines of a homeless person, perhaps in Washington DC. Or about a now defunct fast-food chain here in the US. Amazing how the mind works sometimes... :wink:

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Ah, but you don't quite know how MY mind works....I've read so many Stephen King novels and short stories, not to mention Ellery Queen and Frederick Forsyth, that I know the value of a good "sting in the tale." Or tail, if you prefer. This is NOT going to be your usual "OK, we've got some titles...now write a verse for one of them." assignment. Expect the unexpected!

Got to keep you on your toes, haven't I? Me included - I'll probably have a better idea where I'm going with this about 11.55pm next Saturday night, GMT. Until then......well, as Joe Walsh once said, you can't argue with a sick mind! Especially if you don't know where said sick mind is likely to go.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@stikman)
Reputable Member

So many intriguing titles but these stand out.

13 Coins
Dead Again
Domino
Joker's Prayer
Manitoba
Orchids of Bangkok
Sleeper
Take a Number
Trinkets of Eternity
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

"All battles are first won or lost in the mind." - Joan of Arc

"It took me about 20 years to figure out how to write without inspiration. Thankfully, I got there." - Leon Russell

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I forgot a special title for KR2....Nice try, Gattaca
Ahhh . . . well I would have guessed it eventually . . . given enough hints like. . .

. . . the title of the movie is based on DNA base pairs . . . then . . . I would have gotten it.

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@contagiousjerm)
Estimable Member

I thought he said 3 or 4... overachiever! Oh well, we've got ideas to go until week 51 now. I think you were stretching a bit with "Tator Tots" followed by "Tator Tots"... Maybe you should have called the second one, "Tator Tots, Reprise" I dread to hear "Hippie Skippie", though.

Jeremy

And my Soundclick Page to listen to my song submissions: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903876

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Jeremy,

Thanks for the post :D
I thought he said 3 or 4... overachiever!
It was a long sermon on Sunday so I had some time on my hands :roll:
I think you were stretching a bit with "Tator Tots" followed by "Tator Tots"... Maybe you should have called the second one, "Tator Tots, Reprise"
Ok. You caught my typo on the accreditation email, so it's my turn :wink:
These are two different topics:
#1 Tatar Tots
Tatar meaning- Tatars (Tatar: Tatarlar/Татарлар), sometimes spelled Tartars, refers to a Turkic[2][3] ethnic group mainly inhabiting Russia, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, Bulgaria, Romania, Lithuania, and Poland. They collectively numbered more than five million in the late 20th century.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatars

....and "tots" meaning children...or Children of the Tatars = Tatar Tots

and #2 the second title Tater Tots could be about the food......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tater_Tots ....Tater Tots, also known as "Tots", a registered trademark for a commercial form of hash browns, is a side-dish made from deep-fried, grated potatoes.[1] Tater Tots are widely recognized for their crispiness, cylindrical shape and small size

....Actually, I thought this title would draw you in as you have a spud avatar in your collection
I dread to hear "Hippie Skippie", though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

James

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

James,

Quite the list there and not one that doesn't show potential.

Personally I like Manitoba.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

John,

Thanks for the post.
Personally I like Manitoba.
Yeah. I just like the sound of the word. I'd have to put in some research time to get a clue what to write about that one. :wink:

Thanks again.

James

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I can add Gatlinburg, Tennessee to my list . . .
their Chamber of Commerce would probably like a song about their little city.
There's lots of attractions their so plenty of material for lyrics.

Last time we did this . . . we were encouraged to pick the title from someone else's list . . .

to write the lyrics . . . . not that you couldn't use your own list . . .

don't know if that's what Vic intends this time . . .

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2