Notifications
Clear all

Y8W43 Desert Rain with MP3

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@geekman3232)
Topic starter  

Ok. Sorry I haven't been contributing here more often. I just moved so my life has been a bit busy. Hopefully I can make this habitual though. Anyway here is my song for this week. I didn't quite follow the directions exactly. I really wrote more of a companion or response than a continuation. I call it Desert Rain. You can listen to it here: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9555335

It don't rain here anymore
But I have seen the clouds before
The desert plants they cry and weep
For water they so desperately need

I know which way the wind blows

There's hope in some distant clouds
With luck they will come around
Those clouds they are rolling in
and they have got a gift to give

And as it begins to rain
The desert is relieved of pain
So remember when you're not feeling fine
The rain will always come in time.

And you'll know which way the wind blows
And you'll know which way the wind blows

Its kind of short again, but I tried to follow some of your wonderful advice and make this one more complete.

KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Wow, great voice control and so in tune.
Very pretty song.
Kudos

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

Hi geekman3232,

I agree with Ken...nice sound :D

I'm not sure of the original song on this one :? but there are better guessers 'round here than me :wink:

Suggestion: I'm not sure musically if we are to stray from the original melody, so maybe something could come in lyrically, but it seems a line of transition or built up anticipation....or maybe a key change here would be effective:

and they have got a gift to give

And as it begins to rain

....as it is now, each section sounds the same musically (which again might be due to the original melody), but it seems like it could somehow align better with the desperation.....hope.....relief....concepts in the sections.....maybe doing some tweaking with major and minor chords along the way.

Thanks for sharing. :D I hope your move went well. My wife still has 'to do' lists for me from our move almost a month ago.

James

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Hmmm . . . a key change . . . what a great idea.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@contagiousjerm)
Estimable Member

Hey, I understand moving. I let that be my excuse for not submitting in like... 15 months? Ouch, sounds bad when I count it out. Well, even our leisure activities can require discipline.

Anyway, the lyrics are fine. I'd just suggest a little more variation in the tune as you move along.

Jeremy

And my Soundclick Page to listen to my song submissions: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903876

ReplyQuote