I pick some numbers and add them together
Then I print out the numbers on paper and give them to people
I'm an Accounting and Finance Manager

An Accounting and Finance Manager
For a Japanese manufacturer

(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi James,

What a quirky and unusual way to approach the subject. :D Contrasting the chirpy upbeat backing with all the dry serious accounting language was an intriguing idea. I kept waiting for a punchline or twist but, no, you stayed in character right the way through. In a way that was probably a better punchline than revealing (as my my wife suggested) that he was an axe murderer in his spare time, or something similar. :shock:

I liked the subtle touch of lines like "I have a good command in English" too. Just a very small departure rather than going for a big mangling of the grammar.

Since I was here last you've upped the ante with your backing tracks, which is something I'm trying to work around to. Would you mind sharing a bit about how you put them together please. For instance, do you use pre-existing drum loops, make them yourself, and so on?

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the listen and post. :D

I had an idea for another concept that didn't work out, so I set out with a bit of mentality to just write....even if it's a bad song....write a bad song.....with my renewed "chop shop" mentality towards song writing, there are bits and pieces of discovery that seemed interesting, but while going through the song I really stopped and said, "Do I really want to devote a night to this song or concept that seems not worth the effort?".......

........I hesitantly answered, "Yes." To be fair, Sunday there was a 24 hour song challenge I came across on Twitter and went for it, so I had done my "song for the week" but it wasn't about a job...

....so anyway, I pushed ahead and did a google search for a job and made the song straight out of the job description; without looking up any facts, just using the following post:

http://www.jobsdb.co.th/TH/EN/Search/JobAdSingleDetail?jobsIdList=300003000171229
Accounting & Finance Manager

Business Nature1: Japanese Manufacturer
Working Location :Chonburi (Amata Nakorn)
Salary :40,000-50,000 THB

Job Duties
* Manage overall in Accounting and finance
* Provide some advice to accounting officer when appropriate
* Prepare of management reports and analysis reports
* Prepare month end and year end closing
* Monitor the cost of Material and Goods

Requirements
* Thai nationality, age between 30-40 years old
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
* At least 5 - 10 years experience in accounting of manufacturer
* Good Knowledge of Costing
* Good command in English
* BOI knowledge is adv.
* Computer literacy

You can apply for the above position through e-mail, fax or JobsDB quick apply. For the successful candidates, we will contact for the job details as soon as possible. So what to wait, give a try to explore your new career opportunity now.

It was interesting to see the result.
Would you mind sharing a bit about how you put them together please. For instance, do you use pre-existing drum loops, make them yourself, and so on?

I've tried loops and a program I mostly use called jamstix which is like a 'drum brain". This song was done with jamstix. The song I posted last week "Y9W21 Birthday Cake " was done with loops from Studio Session 3.
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10438896

Here is the web site for Jamstix
http://www.rayzoon.com/

For this song, I only added a synth bass, acoustic guitar, and vocals....not too many bells and whistles....but once I have the basic drum track, I play the rhythm guitar for the song then add vocals, bass, and sometimes solos, synth sounds or REX files (audio samples).

Let me know if you need more info. :wink:

Thanks again,

James

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

What a hoot! :D That's very sneaky... No wonder it sounded so much like somebody's CV for a job. Thanks for sharing your method there.

Thanks also for those links. I'll read up about Studio Session 3 and Jamstix.

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

What a hoot! :D That's very sneaky...
:P Whatever works....yes ? :wink:

BTW another popular drumming program is EZ Drummer. http://www.toontrack.com/index.asp

I almost got their product. I have Studio Session 3 because it came with Sonar Producer and I like the drum sounds. But with jamstix, you don't have to mix and match loops. You just set the parameters of the song and the program writes all the patterns for the song based on the style of music and the drummer's style of playing.

Therefore, I often run the jamstix "brain" and play through the Studio Session drum kit sounds.....best of both worlds for me.

ReplyQuote