Clear all

Year 10 Week 30

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Please go and help to finish week 29 if you haven't already. We'll use it next week if we can.

This week let's write a list song. Your chorus needs to "explain" or make sense of the list. It can be a list of anything you like, cars you've own, names of ex-wives, house paint colors, names of past pets, things in your closet...

(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

I think Dave's title "Sober Enough to Remember Your Number (and drunk enough to call)" :mrgreen:

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=52416

.........would make a great starting place for a list song by listing all the things the singer was sober enough to do saving the title for the "punch line" (pun intended)....then switch it over to the listener's initial response.....bridge for compassion for the singer......happy ending :roll:

verse 1
I was sober enough to ....action (DA da DA da)....... and ....action (DA da DA da DA)......too
I was sober enough to .....action (DA da DA da)...... and ....action (DA da DA da DA)....rhyme with too
I was sober enough to .....action (DA da DA da)...... and ....action (DA da DA da DA)....rhyme with "call"
I was sober enough to remember your number and drunk enough to call

verse 2
You were angry enough to ....action (DA da DA da)....... and ....action (DA da DA da DA)......too
You were angry enough to .....action (DA da DA da)...... and ....action (DA da DA da DA)....rhyme with too
You were angry enough to .....action (DA da DA da)...... but the most important of all

Bridge -an appeal to the listener to step in the singer's shoes and see his point

verse 3
You were flattered enough to ....action (DA da DA da)....... and ....action (DA da DA da DA)......too
You were flattered enough to .....action (DA da DA da)...... and ....action (DA da DA da DA)....rhyme with too
You were flattered enough to .....action (DA da DA da)...... but the most important of all

or

verse 3
The judge was kind enough to ....action (DA da DA da)....... and ....action (DA da DA da DA)......too
The judge was kind enough to .....action (DA da DA da)...... and ....action (DA da DA da DA)....rhyme with too
The judge was kind enough to .....action (DA da DA da)...... but the most important of all

.......or set it up where this singer is the drunk and the listener is a judge.....instead of "you" use "she"......
I was sober enough to remember her number and drunk enough to call

.....3 parts of a bizarre story of how 3 things happened and why the singer is in court standing before the judge....each happening = a verse......they could focus around the traditional lost job, wife left, dog died country topics.....but with a twist somewhere a long the line.....

......ok fill in the blanks and we have a new country standard!!! :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I like that idea a lot. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

Ok......so.......how about something like this for verse 1?

verse 1
I was sober enough to remember your nagging and nitpicking too
I was sober enough to remember your cursing and all the Hell you put me through
I was sober enough to remember your temper but worst of all

or

verse 1
I was sober enough to remember your nagging and nitpicking too
I was sober enough to remember your cursing and all the Hell you put me through
I was sober enough to remember your temper but/so don't it beat all

....take it away :wink:............... :roll: ....please :cry:.....Buhler?.......Buhler?......Buhler?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAXPJNJdSPE

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

oh, hey, sorry about the confusion, but by us I meant you individually. Though I could change my mind at any moment because your song in a brilliant start.

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

oh, hey, sorry about the confusion, but by us I meant you individually.
Ok got it :wink: I thought it was another "group thing"

......so here it is..........

Y10W30 I Was Sober Enough to Remember Your Number (And Drunk Enough to Call)
http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=53013

ReplyQuote