They haven't lived your times
But if you'll believe the whispers
It will all work out just fine

Ah, people won't stop talking
In voices soft and low
If you'll believe the whispers
You'll see it's all for show

G-A-C-D verses, Em-C-D-G choruses

Dual thing, really. Currently embroiled in 50/90, so this is cross-posted.

http://fiftyninety.fawmers.org/songs/1783

Take care,

Casey

KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I love it.
Thanks for sharing.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Has a nice 70s folk-pop soung to it....the chorus progression make a nice counterpoint to the verses.

I'm a little confused by the lyrics, though. There's not a great amount of specific detail in them to pick them apart by, but the phrase "If you'll believe the whispers/You'll see it's all for show" seems a little contradictory given the rest of the song's content. If anything I'd expect the singer to be saying "Don't believe the whispers/You'll see it's all for show". Unless it is after believing the whispers that we find out those whispers are just for show.

I don't think that's what you meant, though (the opening couplet is in contradiction with this view of the song). So I'd be seeking more detail in the rest of the song to clarify this.

But, a great start for what could become a great song, imo. Congrats!

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, Ken, and Scrybe.

I will probably take it to pieces at a later date.

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

. . . but the phrase "If you'll believe the whispers/You'll see it's all for show" seems a little contradictory given the rest of the song's content. If anything I'd expect the singer to be saying "Don't believe the whispers/You'll see it's all for show"
I thought the same thing . . . only you articulated . . . better than I was thinkin' it.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hey Shady

Read the lyrics, picked up my guitar, which I haven't done for a while, played it, sung it, liked it.

Rock on!
D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, Dylan.

Any suggestions for tightening?

Shady

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Thanks, Dylan.

Any suggestions for tightening?

Shady

well, I agree with the other comments about the contradictions in the lyrics, but for me that's quite good fun... Never quite knowing what's going on (unless you are the writer ;))

I just like playing it and singing it. It's a gem and well worth tweaking if so inclined.

Rock on!
8) D

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

Hi Shady,

Good start :D I had the same confusion as the others on the message. I think because "whispers" is associated with gossip and spreading lies....in essence, the lyrics read more like the stirrings of anarchy or "down with big brother" or truth will not be silenced.....if that is the route you are going, consider more positive support for encouraging the whispers...maybe the idea of hope for freedom.... today's whispers of anarchy are tomorrow's songs of freedom.....etc.

Good on you for the 50/90. I knew with my summer plans I would not have stood a chance :shock:

Thanks for sharing.

James

ReplyQuote