Yes it was (WEEK 48 ) NOW WITH MP3

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Ok people ..I have been asked if I have given up singing recently :oops:
well I suppose one actually has to be able to sing to give it away ...

If your game enough to listen to this it is on my sound click where it says my music on the bottom of this ....

I want to firstly say its about me learning to play and writing , not my singing as I am woeful at singing ...( my excuse and I am sticking to it )

Do you remember that September
We were so young and so free
Plenty of babes , not too much saved
That September , that September

Life wasn't meant to be so easy
But it was , yes it was it was
Yes it was

Long hair , surf boards combie vans
Surfer chicks wearing next to nix
A little grass and we were on our a$$
No worries and no darries

Cruising for some bruising
Just might start a fight
Prowling around , driving around
Looking for a score at night

Life wasn't meant to be so easy
But it was , yes it was it was
Yes it was

Yes it was

Yes it was
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thats all I got this week
Just finding it very hard to get motivated , and can't find inspiration anywhere .. So I thought I would post this instead of not posting anything

cheers

Trevor

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

(@chefie)
Prominent Member

Well Trevor,

I agree with you, it was easy, and it should always be so . . . .

My way of saying I like this. How about some music though? Kinda like to hear what you have in mind.

Neil

ReplyQuote
(@sytys)
Estimable Member

hey Trevor, good song, i like the verses, love the line, "Cruising for some bruising", i grew up listening to "your cruising for a bruising" when i was getting outta line, nice work.

marty

sytys

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks
Neil .. Music wise I am thinking soft rock and roll ummm in Australia we had bands in 70s and 80 's called Sherbert and Skyhooks .. this is where it gets hard to explain if one has never heard of them because thats the sort of music I see in this , Skyhooks singing Blue Jeans and Sherbert singing Hows that ....

Sytys ,, " your cruising for a bruising"sorry I don't know that one will check it out though ...

thanks for the feed back

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I remember Sherbet and "How's That" (and your Aussie compatriots will also remember Howzat from last year...... :D :D :D ) - don't remember Skyhooks though. Do you remember an Aussie band called the Saints - did a really fast, LOOOOOOUD, rockin' version of "River Deep Mountain High" back in the 70's?

Amyway as to the song - Hilch, yiou're getting there, you're obviously enjoying writing or else you wouldn't be fighting to let the music out every week - and you've got potential, you seem to find a decent hook line every week....

The one thing that had me confused is "no darries" - please explain.....

You've got a nice relaxed laid back style of writing - all you need to do is get rid of the obvious cliches (rhyming "September" and "remember" - almost as bad as moon,spoon and june!)

I know, I know, you're an Aussie - you call a spade a bloody shovel - you just need to find a little more depth and a little more imagery - this song does hit the spot emotionally, that seems to be a strong point in your writing, you DO get the point across.....

Anyway don't worry about lack of inspiration - I had a couple of (so I thought!) killer lines last couple of weeks, but can't seem to get a song together.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the positive feed back Vic

darries = No too sure on the spelling and I thought I got it right , another name for cigarettes , smokes , fags , coffin nails , etc ....
Yeah I know the version of the song your talking about it is pretty good ..
Vic said
"I know, I know, you're an Aussie - you call a spade a bloody shovel - you just need to find a little more depth and a little more imagery - this song does hit the spot emotionally, that seems to be a strong point in your writing, you DO get the point across..... "

I will try sir but like I said I found it hard to find something to write about and even harder to actually write ..
Might be better if I didn't have family and work comittments all breathing down my neck wanting wanting wanting all the bloody time ..

Aint even picked a guitar up for a week now ...

Last thing Vic

GO HULL
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Go Hull? GO HULL?

To Hull with you!

Big chorus here.....OH WHEN THE SAINTS GO MARCHING IN!!!!!

And can someone tell me - SuperSaints won the league by 8 clear points, won the Challenge Cup too - even if Hull win the Grand Final, why will that make them Super League Champs? - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................

Trev, keep writing mate.....write about what you FEEL - then try and translate to English.....only joking mate, keep writing, keep up the improvement....

:D :D :D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member

Hi Hilch

Good song, good capture of those wild and reckless days of your youth. Don't get the musical references though so will take your word on that.

Keep on writing mate it helps those of us going through dry spells when we see other people trying.

Good suff

Bob :wink:

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

same thing in OZ Vic

Melbourne finished ahead by about 12 points

Brisbane win the grand final and are crowned champions

Brisbane did not beat Melbourne all year

grrr

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hey Trevor,

I dont really have much to add here except to say "what Vic said". Finishing the song isnt as important as the writing, so take your time and if you dont finish in the week just put it away for later, you can always alter it slightly to fit an assignment. Some of my songs took weeks to write.
Keep at it,

cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote