Clear all

Had a car wreck.....

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I was making a left turn from a parking lot yesterday, after having made sure that there were no cars coming, when this young, 17 year old girl came blazing down the road out of nowhere, way too fast, and plowed into the drivers rear of my car. All I heard were screeching brakes and looked over to see this little black car just a split second before she hit me. We got the cars into another parking lot across the street and I could smell burning rubber as I limped the car over there. Got out of my car and my drivers side rear tire was angled about like this /. The shock and strut were literally on top of the tire and wouldn't allow the tire to turn at all (that would be the burning rubber smell). She jumped out of her car and said "Where did you hit me?", I informed her that she hit me and that she would probably find the damage on the front of her car, which she did, but, miraculously for her, there wasn't even a dent... didn't even break her headlight, you could only see scrapes and paint from my car on her bumper. My car, on the other hand had to be towed away. While we were waiting for the police to come she called her mother, then she told me that "the last car I hit was a Mercedes and the first thing my Mom said was 'You didn't hit another Mercedes, did you?', ha ha ha". No, just my Camry, thankyouverymuch.

Nobody was hurt (except for the usual aches and pains which generally follow the shock of a car wreck), we exchanged information, the police made a report, nobody got a ticket because we had moved the cars from the spot where it happened, my mechanic is in El Paso until after Thanksgiving weekend so I can't even find out exactly how much damage there is to my car until next week, but I guess that's OK, since we can't even get copies of the police report until after the weekend, either. And, I'm stranded at home for the holiday, too. People have offered to come and get me, but I've decided to just forgo the whole thing, stay home and hibernate. I had my sister take me to the grocery store and I bought a Cornish game hen and a box of stuffing mix and a pumpkin pie so I'll just have my own private little Thanksgiving feast all by myself!! :D I'm actually looking forward to a nice, quiet day!

I just needed to vent a bit. Thanks for letting me! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 21/11/2007 9:45 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Wow, sorry to hear about this. Hang in there. It sounds like she was insured. Sigh...

I'm glad no one was hurt. You need to hang a horseshoe above your door!

Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 21/11/2007 9:53 pm
(@davidhodge)

Never a problem to vent, Leslie. At least not here! :wink:

And now I've got another thing to be thankful for on Thanksgiving - that you're okay!

Seems to be a lot of car accidents going on around here of late... I've never liked driving ever since I started doing it on a regular basis again (in Chicago I didn't own a car because there was no need to). No matter how careful you are, there are too many other people not being careful and it only takes one to make a mess of things.

But, again, very glad that you're okay. Try to have a happy Thanksgiving.

Peace

Posted : 21/11/2007 9:57 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Glad your OK and no one was hurt. I had a accident last spring, not much fun :cry: We did our Thanksgiving thing today since we both work tomorrow.

David, If I lived in Chicago I would not drive either. Those people are nuts when it comes to driving in the windy city :lol:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 21/11/2007 9:58 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I sure am glad you weren't hurt!

That irresponsible girl hasn't learned a thing, sounds like. She will likely hurt or kill someone.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 22/11/2007 1:28 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate your concern very much!

You're right, Tim, I DO need some kind of good luck charm or something!! Seems like too many things have been happening lately! I don't know what I did, but it seems like I must have done something very bad somewhere along the line to have this much bad karma all at once. I just hope I get it paid up soon and get back to collecting some good karma!

And, David, I don't like to drive, either! I never have liked it. For me it's always been just a thing you had to do to get from one place to another. The small town I live in doesn't have any sort of public transportation. In fact, we have one taxi cab and you have to call a day in advance to get it!! :D So, driving is a necessary evil. :evil:

I think I'm leaning toward not getting my car fixed (especially if the axle is broken or bent), and getting a little SUV instead. My mechanic will usually buy cars that have been wrecked, fix them and resell them, so I may see what he might offer me for it when he gets back from El Paso. (It's a 2001 Toyota Camry) That and insurance money ought to make a pretty good dent in the price of a new SUV. (I hope!)

I'm going to go stick my "tiny turkey" in the oven now! I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving! One of the things I'm thankful for this year is all of you! Y'all are the best! Thank you!! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 22/11/2007 4:03 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Elecktrablue

So glad you weren't injured, that is the most important thing, cars come and go. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and who knows, you might like your new vehicle more than the old one? :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 23/11/2007 2:32 am
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Glad to hear you are OK and in the right state of mind. ie. trying to get a new car out of it and turning it into something good.

About 2 weeks ago my step daughter totaled her mothers car so I gave her my 2002 Blazer and bought a 2008 Pontiac Torrent for my self. Nice guy huh.

Actually, it was my wifes idea since she is on assignment in Maryland and does not want to have a new car down there. She said it was my turn for a new car anyway. So she flew up to Albany last weekend and picked up the Blazer and I got to drive the new car to MD for Thanksgiving.

Let us know how you make out with the car.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 23/11/2007 1:05 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Hey EB - glad you're OK. And our kids wonder why we worrry...

I lost my front end to a pot-hole on the highway - can't even bill someone else's insurance!

I hope you enjoyed your quiet TG.

Posted : 24/11/2007 6:26 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Now that's a shame, Laz! Seems like the cities or counties ought to be responsible for anything that happens to a person's car as a result of their lack of maintenance! But, then again, that would probably only raise our taxes and I think I pay enough already!!

My mechanic called this morning and it's not as bad as it could have been! The axle is fine. I have to replace the shocks and struts (which were broken), and get an alignment and I should be ready to go by Monday. He said it should be less than $300. Still want a new car, though! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 24/11/2007 7:41 pm