Clear all

I'm not sure where to post something

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin
Topic starter

Sky Arts is producing a new show like the Voice or Idol, basically a TV talent show to pick a talented guitarist. It sounds a little interesting and something I would like to share. Sky has given me some short promo text and I thought it would be more suitable on the forums than on the site. I don't see the point in making them create an account only to make a single post and never return.

Should I post in the contests board? I thought I'd check just in case this is going against the norm. I'd rather post things like this myself than have more empty accounts.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 14/02/2015 12:34 am
(@davidhodge)

Hi Paul

Definitely should go in the "Contests" page but you could also put it in on the "News" page as well. We've done that before. Or cover your bets by posting it in News first and then moving it to Contests leaving the shadow link.

Hope this helps. Weird to be giving you advice here...

Peace

Posted : 14/02/2015 1:27 am
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin
Topic starter

Thanks. I don't really know what I'm doing here. It was worth checking in to make sure I'm not breaking the rules.

Every now and then I get an email from someone who wants to run something by me before signing up. And I've finally worked out that if they're aren't going to become bonafide members I might as well just post it on their behalf. Most of the time they don't want to advertise and I'm not interested in joining their affiliate program. I don't mind helping them spread the word if they at least know how to spel.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 14/02/2015 3:58 am