Clear all

Real Life................

23 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks for your help, folks, it's much appreciated.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 11/01/2007 6:29 am
(@alangreen)

So, there you have it on the comma question, a perfect balanced sample.

:-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 11/01/2007 2:51 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

How many commas are there in a measure anyway?

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 11/01/2007 3:35 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

It depends on the time signature, Tim.

Don't forget the staccato comma - ; :lol:

Greybeard's Pages

Posted : 12/01/2007 6:18 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

And, I always write it without the last comma! Cars, trains, boats and planes. But, they're right. Either way is correct.

Different strokes for different folks and so on and so on and scooby dooby dooby!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 12/01/2007 6:55 pm
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I'll have to say Congrats also.

I've taken on more than I thought buying into that ISP and trying to keep the contract with josh. Don't think I can keep the pace anymore. I had great intentions thinking with all the servers in the server room another one could be added for GN private use. which is still on the burner. It's just by the time I travel to and from the studio, then show up at the shop the days over and other things need to be taken care of. 1200 customers is real work. I did get a great price on the T1 line's from AT&T.

I been making change's this week so I can get more time to be here. I'll have to apologize to everyone for my absence. I'm still going to keep working on the dedicated server. So that perhaps it will eliminate any costs to anyone. It wouldn't cost the company anymore to add another server to the rack, other than building the server.

Well I have to close for now and try to get caught up what I've missed.

Joe

Posted : 30/01/2007 1:38 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hey, Joe,
nice to hear from you again.

I've just got back from a business trip to good old Blighty - a one day conference on embedded systems in cars at the Heritage car centre in Gaydon, near Birmingham.

I would have liked a bit of free time to organise some beers with GNers, but time didn't allow it, unfortunately (I had to be back for a meeting with BMW R&D, which, as it turned out, got put back to Monday).

Total bummer, but I did get a bit of time on Monday evening to mess around with the Tele (and last week). I think the relief is, perhaps, a bit too flat (truss rod adjustment) and the pickups are nothing to write home about, but the neck is brilliant. It has a superb profile and is, either, unfinished or has a very thin matte finish. Either way, it's great fun to play.
I suspect that the supplier may be the same as the one that builds the Alba Teles on ebay UK (for about £50)

Greybeard's Pages

Posted : 01/02/2007 3:52 pm
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Thanks. It will be nice to get back some time. Here's something funny. I placed an order with music123 last spring. It just arrived...lol Guess I won't be in any hurry to order from them again.

Joe

Posted : 02/02/2007 12:37 am
Page 2 / 2