Clear all

Thread to keep an eye on....

15 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=43792 - Neztok going way over the top, IMO. Not for the first time. I don't want to lose the thread, there's some good advice in there for the poster....a 14 year old girl who Neztok, basically, tells to leave home and disown her dad because he's not telling her she's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I've put a comment on the thread; I've PM'd Roy, and asked him not to get carried away. I've PM'd Neztok, and told him he's out of line and to use a bit of commonsense, which in itself might be a first....I await their comments with interest. well, Neztok's, anyway. Roy's was probably a heat of the moment thing.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 16/03/2009 11:38 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, I was surprised to see the turn it took with his comments. If it flares up again, we might consider locking it.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 17/03/2009 2:06 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Or just delete some posts and edit others. I would hate to see one of this young girl's threads get locked down the first week she's here! I'll do it and take the heat if you want me to. Neztok don't scare me none! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 17/03/2009 2:12 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well, this is what I sent to Neztok....

"Don't you think that's way over the top (as I mentioned in the thread) advice to a 14 year old kid? Basically you're telling her to leave home and disown her father over a remark that may have been said in jest which she's slightly over-reacted to.

Controversional and inflammatory advice like that is the quickest way to get a thread closed down and deleted - you've already incited the wrath of a couple of members. Please, in future, try and use a little commonsense....especially when dealing with minors. I don't want to lock the thread down, there's some good advice there for her...but I will if it gets out of hand."

(I was the only mod around at the time.)

And this is what he sent back.....

"I told him/her to go to college (how is that bad advice?) You know, in 4 years...

People usually move out at 18."

So, to make things clearer, I replied again....

"Point is, she's FOURTEEN now - and there's no timeframe as to when you suggest she gets out. It could be construed - and that's the way I, and others, did read it - that you're telling a 14-year old to get out NOW.

We all make mistakes - I've made far more than my share! - but an apology, or even a clarification, might help in this case.

Your comment, in itself, is no big thing....it's just that it's so easily open to misinterpretation."

It's still in my outbox at the moment.

Roy, on the other hand, is pretty amenable to reason - says if I want to delete or edit anything, fine by him. Seems like it was pretty much a heat-of-the-moment thing with him.

Right - hopefully it's sorted. It's 4.06 am, and I'm off to bed.....fingers crossed!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 17/03/2009 3:06 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

If you haven't sent it yet, I wouldn't. It looks like it's calming down on it's own.

Posted : 17/03/2009 9:40 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I deleted one post of his that said I was attacking him and "f@ck everyone". I sent him an IM saying "Neztok, chill out man. I'm not attacking you, just trying to keep things calm. Take a deep breath and go play guitar. Don't post here when you are angry. No good will come of it."

He responded asking me to delete his account and all of his posts.

I obliged.

Posted : 17/03/2009 4:28 pm
(@alangreen)

It's such a shame it came to that. Oh well.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 17/03/2009 4:31 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Yes, it's a pity. And it's a shame that people like Neztok can't even let a 14 year old post without feeling it necessary to make some ridiculous comment that is guaranteed to draw fire.

I'd be willing to bet that he's back before long. For someone who thought this was such a sucky place to hang out, he sure did hang out here a lot.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 17/03/2009 5:07 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

We've been down this road with Neztok before. Usually I just send him off to cool off and he does. Ehh, I guess the 15 of us that still hang around this place will have to argue amongst ourselves.

Let me start:

The new sandwiches SUCK, Paul. I thought they were supposed to be better than what we had before. :evil:

Posted : 17/03/2009 5:34 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Funny thing. His handle is the name of his favourite guitarist (Richie Kotzen) backwards. In German, the phrase "Es is zum Kotzen" means that something is disgusting, it makes you want to puke.

His handle was well chosen.

Kotzen is vomit.............(noun:K, verb:k)

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 17/03/2009 5:49 pm
(@alangreen)

Ehh, I guess the 15 of us that still hang around this place will have to argue amongst ourselves.

No we won't.

Is this a five minute argument of the full half hour?

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 17/03/2009 7:37 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Is it a full moon again already? Sigh.... :roll:

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 18/03/2009 1:35 am
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

For someone who thought this was such a sucky place to hang out, he sure did hang out here a lot.

How many members can have this on their tombstones? It's too good not to be immortalized.

And as for the sandwiches, I thought the mayonnaise smelled funny. You never should have let me make them. Take-out is always better.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 18/03/2009 7:06 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

As long as we don't resort to the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes, I'll take the full half hour.

And Paul, I told you that wasn't mayo, the green stuff is wasabi. That's the last time I have one of your tuna salad sandwiches.

Posted : 18/03/2009 9:33 am
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Oh wow, I missed the Wasabi sandwiches again :D

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 18/03/2009 1:26 pm