Clear all

Will be offline for a bit....

12 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

My new house is FINALLY ready to move into! :D So, tomorrow (Saturday) is the day! Got a pickup truck full of strapping young teenaged football players coming to load and unload the U-Haul truck at the crack of dawn in the morning (thank goodness for football playing nephews!) My (dial-up) internet connection will be turned off here tomorrow and my high speed internet connection at the new place will be up and running either Monday or Tuesday next week. Whether or not I have the computer set up by then may be an entirely different story, though, but I do intend to get to it as quickly as possible! (I can't go too long without my GN fix!)

I'm kind of excited about this move! A brand new start in a brand new year! :D The new place is about 12 miles farther out into the countryside (about 25 miles from where I am now but on the other side of town!), near the Brazos River and the Brazos Blues Cafe! So, not only will I have a place to play nearby (about 5 miles), I'll also be able to go see other musicians there without having to worry about driving so far to get home!

2008 is going to be a very good year! I can feel it in my bones! I'll check back in when I get back online!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 04/01/2008 4:01 pm
(@davidhodge)

Hope the move goes smoothly and it's great to read how thrilled you are about it! Looking forward to hearing about it when you get back.

Peace

Posted : 04/01/2008 5:10 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Indeed. It is rare that someone is excited about the process of moving to a new place, so this must be a really good plan.

Have fun!

Posted : 04/01/2008 7:33 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Congrats!

Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 04/01/2008 10:14 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Best wishes, EB!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 05/01/2008 1:34 am
(@alangreen)

I have a bad experience of moving house and the new broadband connection. Hope your move goes better than that.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 05/01/2008 7:08 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I'm moved! :D All of my furniture and thousands of boxes are moved, at any rate! It took 3 days to get everything moved!! It may take me a month to get everything unpacked and put away, but, at least the hard part is over with!

Just got my high speed internet set up. Piece of cake! I haven't really checked it out yet, though! Had to come here first and see what I've missed!

It's so quiet out here! I can't even hear traffic noises! :D The occasional hoot of an owl or a dog bark is about it! I love it! Can't get much of a cell phone signal out here, though! I have to play "run around the house and find the perfect spot and don't move your head an inch once you get a signal" game. But, I guess that's what house phones are for! Thank goodness it finally got connected! It's the weirdest thing though, there are 2 phone jacks in this entire house and both of them are in the same room. I have no idea why! I guess I'm going to have to have some more jacks installed.

It's good to be home! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 11/01/2008 10:45 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Congratulations!

Good luck with that being unpacked in a month.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 11/01/2008 10:59 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Can't get much of a cell phone signal out here, though!

That's not always a bad thing. :lol:

Congrats on the move! Must be a cool place to have you all amped up like that.

Mike

Posted : 12/01/2008 12:26 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

It is a nice place! :D But, I think the thing that's got me excited is the fact that this place is MINE! The last house I was in I inherited from my mother. So, it was never really MY place. It was "Mom's house" and always would be. When I would go to see relatives they invariably asked "Are you still in Ree's house?" (Her name was Marie, but they called her Ree for short!) I don't know why, but I kept things in the same places that she did rather than rearrange to suit myself. So, now, I know that I can put anything anywhere I want to and not get those pangs of guilt I used to get. I felt guilty when I painted the living room blue, because Mom always wanted white walls. My walls are now a nice sand color! I guess that it's the fact that THIS house is going to reflect me and nobody else! And, I'm ready for that! I'm tired of living with "ghosts". It's time for a fresh start! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 12/01/2008 2:53 am
(@alangreen)

You have your guitar, and the PC is obviously unpacked. So long as the kettle, teapot, mugs and a spoon are unpacked, nothing much else is important

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 12/01/2008 7:38 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Ahhhhhh, I see what ya mean.

It's a good feeling when you can leave a room and yet at the same time, never really "leave" it. :wink:

Mike

Posted : 12/01/2008 3:39 pm