Otep and lacuna coil have frontwomen. Love em both

ReplyQuote
(@argus)
Reputable Member

Cyndi Lauper. There, I said it.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

They only had one CD, but 4 Non Blondes were amazing!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Oh, yeah, Argus, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun! Now, where are the wrestler henchmen? Seriously though, she had some better moments.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Cyndi Lauper, while best known for her worst song 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun', is actually a pretty amazing artist. Listen to some of her other stuff like 'Time After Time', 'SheBop', or 'True Colors' or 'Money Changes Everything'. I saw her on TV a while ago and she was belting out an incredible version of 'At Last', granted, she wasn't playing guitar on that one, but OMG!!!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Hey - I actually liked Girls Just want to have fun when it came out, and still do like it.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@davec)
Trusted Member

Having just been to Bloodstock at the weekend I thought I'd mention they had a Femme Fatalies stage, on the friday, as well as a few other female fronted bands playing at other times. I did enjoy most of them and saw Season's End, Invey, Liquid Sky, Super Massive Object, Sinergy and Edenbridge.

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on earth." - Eric Idle, The Galaxy Song.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Yeah and you should of phoned me since it was in Derby you git!

ReplyQuote
(@dillydally)
Estimable Member

Look For TSUNAMI BOMB... kickass lyrics/sound in a punk/rock/alternative genre. Really worth checking out. :D

It's 15 Till And She Has The Other 45 In Her Mouth.

ReplyQuote
(@spadge)
Estimable Member

I believe the question was, are their n e good female bands.
If the question was are there any good female solo artists, like Cyndi Lauper, Aimee Mann etc, the list would be endless. Allow me to throw Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos and Kate Bush in the mix too.

Great female bands however are hard to come by, unless there MTV muppets, then all girl groups are hard to find.

From the 90's I have to go for Vixen, and L7 and also Phantom Blue's second album Built To Perform kicked bottom.

Find all you need in your mind, If you take the time

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Gotta say 4 Non Blondes......... great female band.

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@storm)

I have to throw in the Norwegian band Gaate (the 'aa' is supposed to be the norwegian letter that looks just like an 'a' with a circle over). It has a female vocalist, and they mix folk music and rock. She sings in norwegian and has a really good voice. No idea what it sounds like for people who aren't norwegian, but i guess you have to try to find out.. and then tell me.

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Where I live, there is a definate opinion that women and rock do not do together

What a bunch a hooey!

Tell that to Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart
or Joan Jett, or Dragsterbarbie, or the Donnas and be ready to rumble.

Try out Tatu, Veruca Salt, 4 Non-blondes, Concrete Blonde, Joan Osborne or PJ Harvey.

Older Stuff? Aretha Franklin, the Shangri-Las, Janis Joplin!

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Whoops! How could I forget the Go-Go's? or Atomic Kitten? or the Bangles? Uptown Girls? Violent Femmes?

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@olive)
Estimable Member

Violent Femmes?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Violent Femmes is an all male band. :shock:

However, the Indigo Girls and Sleater-Kinney are two girl bands that rock.

"My ex-boyfriend can't tell me I've sold out, because he's in a cult, and he's not allowed to talk to me." --Dar Williams

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3