Clear all

Any Other Women Using These Forums?

48 Posts
32 Users
0 Likes
 Blue
(@blue_1567859486)
Topic starter  

Ok, I'm curious - nobody ever posts in this forum any more. There have to be more women around than just me, is it that we are all oh-so-quiet, or just having enough fun with the general discussions in the other areas and nothing specifically female guitarist related has come up of late?

<>==={=0=}
Life, love, music, laughter - guitars!
http://www.barddance.org

(@olive)
Estimable Member

I'm always on the lookout for a good female guitarist related topic, but haven't run across anything recently.  

But there are other women out here.   ;D

Olive

"My ex-boyfriend can't tell me I've sold out, because he's in a cult, and he's not allowed to talk to me." --Dar Williams

ReplyQuote
(@portia)
Reputable Member

Yep, there are definitely more women out here :)  Actually, lately I've noticed a lot more female members on the boards, so maybe things will start to pick up in here.  

:)Portia

ReplyQuote
 Elle
(@elle)

Hi Gals
  i always give "the other side" a lookin when i am on the boards  i am really enjoying being a part of the whole web site. I think the other side just needs some really interesting posts to maybe get it going??? i don't know as i have only been using the site for a few months.
       Elle :)

ReplyQuote
(@p_allen)
Estimable Member

Now you may have guessed from my name. I am not a woman and never will be, at least not without an operation, anyway that's beside the point. What am trying to say is that whether male or female, you still play the guitar with your hands and fingers, unless someones not telling me something, therefore if you have any playing queries or problems then the best place to post them is in the Guitar Discussion boards.

This board, The Other Side, which I initially thought was about guitar playing aliens and rockin' UFO's is concerned with Women in music. And to be honest I really don't see what there is to discuss, there is the whole prejudice issue of course and room for discussion on encouraging women to get into music. But to be honest, I'm a little confused. Could someone please enlighten me?

Also I have a little question of my own. This is what the intro to this board says:

"A great place where people can hang out and discuss topics about women and music."

Now here's my question, it says we can discuss Women and Music what I want to know is do the women we discuss have to have something to do with music?

Ha ha, I'm kiding of course....honest. ;)

Pete. :)

Why Do Other Peoples Shipbuilding When you Could Go Diving For Pearls Of Your Own?

ReplyQuote
(@lauralasley)
Estimable Member

Peter,
You're right the lead in for the board sounds a little, well, gender specific.

It's not intended to Keep Guys Out. The original thought behind the Other Side is that there were not a lot of places that encouraged women who play guitar.   So this was a place for folk to hang out and talk about that, if they wished.   Then again, "Other Side" could mean  "another opinion" or "side B" or  Aliens if you wish.

It's your board, discuss what you like!

ReplyQuote
(@p_allen)
Estimable Member

Thanks for clearing that up, I think it's a good idea but I was a little confused to say the least.

Thanks.

Pete. :)

Why Do Other Peoples Shipbuilding When you Could Go Diving For Pearls Of Your Own?

ReplyQuote
(@euri_xan)

ey another lady in here  ;)
i love playing the guitar though i have none for myself :-/
but i have my hopes up that one of these days i'll be able to buy one for myself >:(

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I could round up about 50 people or so not including the rock band, and we could come over to our place and have wild guitar playing Party, just to for something to do......lol
Heck !
I'll even call uncle ted he's always good to go when comes to supporting the wild life.

I have a Question for the ladies.

have any of you been playing some of the Donnas songs?

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

But if this forum is for women, aren't you supposed to come in twos?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

**Ducks low to avoid sharply pointed eyebrow pencils and other sundry objects dredged from the depths of heavily laden gigbags handbags and heads quickly, with all remaining dignity, towards the safety of Polls and Opinions**

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@olive)
Estimable Member

I have a Question for the ladies.

have any of you been playing some of the Donnas songs?

Joe

I dig the Donnas, but haven't learned any of their stuff yet.  I like their album, American Teenage Rock n Roll Machine, the best.  As a side note, the Donnas appear in the movie Drive Me Crazy as The Electrocutes.  They also released an album, Steal Your Lunch Money, under the same name.

"My ex-boyfriend can't tell me I've sold out, because he's in a cult, and he's not allowed to talk to me." --Dar Williams

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

They definitely have style and a great sound.  
One of the dvd's that someone sent to me has a couple of their video's. It was fun watching, wish it would have shown more of them playing though.
Makes me wonder sometime if groups like that really can play or do they just know the songs because someone show'ed them just what they need to play them.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@olive)
Estimable Member

From what I understand the Donnas were quite young when they started out..middle school or so.  They taught themselves to be a band more or less.  You can really hear their playing progress with each album.  I'm pretty sure they write all their own songs.  And they really can play!  Unfortunately the only live performances I've seen of them have been on TV.  They rocked the stage when they were on SNL!

Olive

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

They have a real great sound and style. good to hear and see that if you keep your dreams that anything is possible.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

The Donnas came to Atlanta this summer and I got dragged along against my will. But hey they were pretty good!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4