0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome, Nwoodgirl! We can always use an estrogen boost!!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@missy51633)
Eminent Member

i play bass with a 5 peice band and we do gigs in and out of the country and just got back christmas eve from europe and will rest for 2 months and going to france again in feb,,im so glad to see that there are more and more girls playing today and keep up the good work and as i do practice,practice again
missy51633 :)

i love music

ReplyQuote
(@honeytone)

Hiya, I'm another laydee.

Been playing for two years and lovin' it! :D

I'm a regular on the Guitarist magazine forum and again it's mostly males. But It doesn't bother me in the slightest, we have regular meet ups and we all get along just fine. :)

It's kinda nice to be in the minority... Makes you feel a bit special. :wink: :)

ReplyQuote
(@yellow_tangerine)
Eminent Member

.....and yet another girl for your listening pleasure.....

....pleasure? make that amusement! Ain't nothing pleasurable about my playing, that is, unless you like mindless noodling and half-written songs popping up in the middle of other songs :)

If you don't know where you're going,
Any road will take you there

ReplyQuote
(@arien-uruviel)

lolz... im 13! does that count as a woman? btw... whichn one of u ppl actually take real live guitar lessons? just curious- lolz my friend teaches me n she's self taught...

There is more stupidity than
hydrogen in the universe,
and it has a longer shelf life

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Also I have a little question of my own. This is what the intro to this board says:

"A great place where people can hang out and discuss topics about women and music."

Now here's my question, it says we can discuss Women and Music what I want to know is do the women we discuss have to have something to do with music?

Ha ha, I'm kiding of course....honest. ;)

Pete. :)

This intro almost got me in tgrouble a few months ago. I took it as a place where we can "talk about women & music" so I posted a little joke about women. The women thought it was funny but few guys here took it a bit further...I thought we could talk about groupies (yea right...me having groupies! :roll: ) and all the fun "perks" of being a guitarist...I couldn't have been more wrong!

I think the admins just worded the into this way to get the men in trouble :wink: !

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

Also I have a little question of my own. This is what the intro to this board says:

"A great place where people can hang out and discuss topics about women and music."

Now here's my question, it says we can discuss Women and Music what I want to know is do the women we discuss have to have something to do with music?

This intro almost got me in tgrouble a few months ago. I took it as a place where we can "talk about women & music" so I posted a little joke about women. The women thought it was funny but few guys here took it a bit further...I thought we could talk about groupies (yea right...me having groupies! :roll: ) and all the fun "perks" of being a guitarist...I couldn't have been more wrong!

I think the admins just worded the into this way to get the men in trouble :wink: !
And you still haven't learned your lesson! Don't you think it might be offensive that upon reading "women and music" the only thing you, and as you assume every other guy, would think of is groupies! As if that's the only thing women have to do with music. Seriously,though, I am not offended but I just had to point that out.... :P

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

And you still haven't learned your lesson! Don't you think it might be offensive that upon reading "women and music" the only thing you, and as you assume every other guy, would think of is groupies! As if that's the only thing women have to do with music. Seriously,though, I am not offended but I just had to point that out.... :P

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sorry
Cowers under the desk is shame! :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@aurora)
Trusted Member

Another woman here - started at age 40 a few months ago. I don't get to check any of the boards as often as I would like, but I pop into this forum from time to time to see what's happening. :)

A guitar has moonlight in it. ~ James M. Cain

ReplyQuote
(@missy51633)
Eminent Member

for a while about 3 months i/m gonna be gere then i'll be out of country again
hi again portica nice to see you here too
i love the bass guitars and love playing bass ,anywhere
hang in here girls and keep up the good work,i met the bass lady that plays for one of the big groups and she is fabuolas
see ya im in and all around the forms
missy51633

i love music

ReplyQuote
(@rag_doll_92)
Reputable Member

lolz... im 13! does that count as a woman? btw... whichn one of u ppl actually take real live guitar lessons? just curious- lolz my friend teaches me n she's self taught...

I'm 13 too! and I haven't met anyone close to my age on here yet (and I was about to lose hope :( )

LOL

ttyl

Join the fight to stop global warming...
Join the virtual march at: http://www.stopglobalwarming.org
We CAN make a diffrence!

ReplyQuote
(@graycee_grey)
Eminent Member

Hi -

I just joined GN last week. I have been playing acoustic guitar since October and find that it is the best way to relieve stress and relax! I have been perusing the forums on GN, and spotted this thread, so I thought I would say a quick "hello" to the other ladies of GN. :D

"Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Hi -

I just joined GN last week. I have been playing acoustic guitar since October and find that it is the best way to relieve stress and relax! I have been perusing the forums on GN, and spotted this thread, so I thought I would say a quick "hello" to the other ladies of GN. :D

Lots of folk here from Chicagoland...

ReplyQuote
 Gina
(@gina)
Estimable Member

I haven't been on here in a very long time but figured I'd speak up! I've been playing the guitar for 28 years. I used to play lead guitar in country bands back home in NJ. But I love any kind of guitar music -- rock, blues, etc. Any other country fans here? I think I'll try and visit more often! :D

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

ReplyQuote
(@amira)
Estimable Member

I haven't been on here in a very long time but figured I'd speak up! I've been playing the guitar for 28 years. I used to play lead guitar in country bands back home in NJ. But I love any kind of guitar music -- rock, blues, etc. Any other country fans here? I think I'll try and visit more often! :D

Hi... I've only just noticed this forum :D

I like country music... well there's not much music i don't like really...

Do you get out to listen to much live music in the UK?

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4