Females Come Out!!!

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Females Come Out!!!

174 Posts
68 Users
0 Likes
(@blackegobox)

ah, i've been using this one for years now, well it's pretty simple: i was (and still is) a fan of the band Muse, and one of their songs is called "Pink Ego Box", and then black ego box came to mind, and i thought it was describing me well. that's it!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

OK, that's as good a reason as any! :mrgreen:

(I was wondering if you were somehow tying ego to the concept of a "black box.")

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

ah, i've been using this one for years now, well it's pretty simple: i was (and still is) a fan of the band Muse, and one of their songs is called "Pink Ego Box", and then black ego box came to mind, and i thought it was describing me well. that's it!

Heard of Muse, have to say, I haven't actually heard anything by Muse - any recommendations? Oh and by the way, you're not classed as female any more, you're under "guitarist" - but welcome, anyway!

As long as you're nothing to do with that godawful "group" called "Black Box" who had a hit with "Ride On Time" back in about '89......please say it ain't so?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@blackegobox)

OK, that's as good a reason as any! :mrgreen:

(I was wondering if you were somehow tying ego to the concept of a "black box.")
well, i'm understing it as a "black" "ego box", but i think the concept of an "ego box" only makes sense in my twisted mind! :mrgreen:
Heard of Muse, have to say, I haven't actually heard anything by Muse - any recommendations? Oh and by the way, you're not classed as female any more, you're under "guitarist" - but welcome, anyway!

As long as you're nothing to do with that godawful "group" called "Black Box" who had a hit with "Ride On Time" back in about '89......please say it ain't so?

:D :D :D

Vic
about Muse... well my favourite song by them is called Citizen Erased (from their 2nd album), but their style change from an album to another, so you can't have an idea if you listen to just one album... from their last album, i'll say the song called Knights of Cydonia is one i can't get tired of :) and from their first album... i'll say listen to the one called "Sunburn"

oh, and Black Box? Thank you for reminding me of that fabulous song, really. Now i'll spend a sweet evening with that song stuck in my head :wink: my name has nothing to do with it, don't worry.... but if that was the case, i would've been banned? :mrgreen:

and yay! i'm now a guitarist! :D

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Could be handy to have a box to put your ego in now and then, be it pink, black or whatever. :D

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Ego?
Did someone call?

I tried using a box but . . . . it seems to require an extremely large crate . . .
and even then . . . well, nevermind.

"I think I need a beegger box: - Taco Bell chihuahua

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@rubyjewelstone)

*checks pants*
Yup, a femme here too! :D

Hi, everyone!

ReplyQuote
(@misspatty86)

Haha, I'm a female that loves playing the guitar (despite not being very good at it) haha.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I'm immensely grateful that you don't have to be very good to have fun playing! Welcome!

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I see that this thread is still alive...

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I see that this thread is still alive...

All because of you!!! :D Where have you been anyway? I haven't seen you around in a while!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@hobson)
Noble Member

I've already posted in Meet and Greet, so I'll keep this short. I've been playing guitar for over 40 years. I play mostly fingerstyle on a Gibson LC-1 acoustic electric. But I also sing with and play for a community chorus. For that I've been using my Epiphone Dot lately, but it depends on what kind of music we're doing. I have three other guitars. One is a beater that I take on camping trips. The other two are holdovers from when I couldn't afford anything decent, one electric and one acoustic. I just haven't gotten around to getting rid of those two and maybe never will.

I also play at playing the mandolin. It's hard to get serious on the cheap Rogue that I bought to start. But I have to get better before I buy a better instrument.

I'm in southeastern Arizona in the USA only a few miles from Mexico.

Renee

ReplyQuote
(@scoks)

I'm a female too!
Well, I was, anyway...

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I'm still female. I just checked. 8)

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe