Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Females Come Out!!!

174 Posts
68 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Tickets for the big races here are mighty hard to come by. One just might be able to find a reliable scalper...

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Tickets for the big races here are mighty hard to come by. One just might be able to find a reliable scalper...

Or you could get them the old fashioned way and enter a cross dressing contest :lol:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Worked for me. :D

I was reminded of that yesterday when I was up in that community. Saw the wife of one of my competitors in that pageant (a state trooper.) Seems that their daughter, formerly quite the tomboy, has become an enthusiastic and successful pageant competitor.

My daughter entered her one and only pageant about 3 months before mine pictured above. It was a Tennessee statewide one for something like "Miss National Teen" or some such. She was up against seasoned, trained pageanteers, and her talent of ballet en pointe was handicapped by being on a carpeted stage, but she ended up being the fourth runnerup and got some side award like "Most Photogenic" that carried a nice scholarship to a college in Florida she didn't end up going to. But you should have heard her dramatizing about the humiliation of being bested in beauty pageants by her dad!
:lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@gertrude)

I'm a girl! I'm new to GN, having just started playing the guitar about five days ago. I absolutly love this site too. I'm learning a bit (or perhaps more than a bit) about guitar here and there, but the lessons are soo funny (as are the posts; I don't think I'll ever forget the one about the pregnant woman asking about how to manage the guitar slowly moving away from her and the guys with beer guts answering her). I'm also originally from the south, and have seen my share of macho boys cross dressing pagents down there. I'm in New York now, and there are still boys cross dressing, they just put a bit more heart into it. It's not that different up here, really. However, on a closing note, I'd like to say that radical feminism is not bad, (I would consider myself a radical feminist) its just gotten a bad name because a lot of the theory behind it has been misconstrued. And also, radical feminists are pushing for change and society as a whole can only really change in baby steps. Martin Luther King was a radical, but he was good! So, YAY for radical feminists, and feminism is for everybody! Perhaps this seems a bit off topic, but I saw somewhere in this forest of posts someone saying that there were not radical feminists in this bunch. So I'll end by saying that "feminism is for everybody" is the title of a great book by bell hooks (the small letters for the first letters in her names are the correct spelling). You can read it when you take breaks from practicing guitar! And perhaps this has been suggested here, but if anyone wants to listen an awesome guitar player who is a feminist as well (sometimes her music is about it too) you should check out Ani DiFranco. Her record label is Righteous Babe Records. And finally finally, if anyone wants to discuss feminism (or anything really, but I just happen to know a bit about feminism, and architecture too and... well... art... and....) I'm very happy to do so. And now that I'm rambling I'll say good day!

fill your hand, stranger

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

YAY! another new yorker here! welcome to guitarnoise. It's a great site for learning.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

It is, indeed, a great thing to have another female amongst our ranks! We need all we can get! And, IMHO, you're absolutely right! There's not a thing in the world wrong with feminism! :D I'm all for it! :D Especially guitar playing feminists!!!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@cabreraluvr7)
Estimable Member

I'm a girl!! lol..im just hardly on here anymore=)

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Well, then, you'll just have to get on more often! :D Represent, girl!!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@stardust)
Eminent Member

*pokes head out* Hi! I haven't had much time online lately, either. ;)

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Well, hi, Stardust! :D Come on in! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@guitargeek214)
Trusted Member

Hi! I'm a girl too!!

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Well, welcome to you, too, Guitargeek214! We need all the females we can get! Glad to have ALL of you here! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@mariatherese)

Another girl guitar player here! (well, LEARNING to play, since last week LOL)

this site has been so helpful.

and i think i am addicted to my guitar. i cant stop thinking about playing. my fingers are so sore but i dont care. its so much fun.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

It really DOES get easier, MariaTherese! And, your fingers don't hurt at all after about a month of steady playing. Well, that is, until you start using your pinkie more, then you're going to feel a little more pain! But it's worth it! Just remember to keep your thumb in the middle of the neck, keep your fingers arched and practice!! :D When you hit those bumps in the road, and you will, they're inevitable, just walk away for a bit and come right back. It's amazing how quickly those bumps smooth themselves out! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@mariatherese)

thanks! :)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 12