Forum

Females Come Out!!!

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Females Come Out!!!

Page 3 / 12

(@ginger)
Reputable Member

Good to have you here and welcome to guitar noise. Need any help and any one of us will be more than glad to help. :)

ReplyQuote
(@riotgeek)

Howdy All,
My name is Kat and I'm new to GN. Stumbled across this site tonight while searching for stuff about women guitarists. I've wanted to learn how to play guitar for quite a long time. I taught myself some basic chords a while ago, but ever since then I've just been playing very basic stuff and feeling very frustrated! So recently I made a resolution that I want to be able to play properly, so I've started investigating getting lessons.

Just curious to know how other female guitarists with small hands get around some of the challenges of playing an instrument designed for people with larger hands? I'm currently playing a Danelectro (a DC-3 reissue), which has a smaller neck than the Fender I started out with.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Kat! We're always happy to welcome another female into our midst!
Just curious to know how other female guitarists with small hands get around some of the challenges of playing an instrument designed for people with larger hands? I'm currently playing a Danelectro (a DC-3 reissue), which has a smaller neck than the Fender I started out with.

See my reply to your post in this thread http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=24953&highlight=

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@coatbutton)

I'm a girl guitarist! I'm very new to the site and kinda new to guitar. I started taking lessons about 3 months ago, but I've been playing for about a year. I'm having so much fun.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Coatbutton! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! And, it's always great to welcome another female!

:D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

You have two new ladies in "Meet And Greet". Anna and Mandy are their names, forget their handles. Ones from Arkansas, don't know about the other.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

I'm new here and female! I'm obsessed with music...playing, listening and buying.

I play guitar, bass, drums and some keyboards. I'm currently practicing again after about a 20-year absence during which I refused to cut my fingernails (and I was easily discouraged because I never sounded as good as I thought I should...very impatient, but no more!). I guess guitar is my main instrument.

I love playing blues.

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Why the sad face? I love playing blues, too! Welcome!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 Gina
(@gina)
Trusted Member

*puts hand up* Ooh! Ooh! I'm here! Thanks to whoever it was who mentioned me earlier (sorry, forgot who!) I don't come in here too often.

I love the blues, too. And country. Oh, and here's a shameless plug from me:

http://www.soundclick.com/ginagibbins

:D

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

ReplyQuote
(@guitarchic0707)

im a girl and been playing the guitar for about a year now, havent practiced in awhile just picked it up again after about a few months of not playing. also play the keyboard not that good at it though but ima fast learner oh and i just signed up for this site today i used to come here all the time and read articles about the guitar when i first started learning

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Guitarchic0707! This is a great place to learn and we've got a great community here in these forums! Everyone here is interested in helping you succeed! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Hey I'm a girrrrl. :)
I've been here for a while now but normally I don't post much because I am just learning and most of the time I don't know enough to make a comment. I've been playing for about a year on an acoustic and I just got a Telecaster for my birthday. Yay!

I just now found this forum. Oops.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@prblack)
Eminent Member

I've been lurking for a few months,but I decided to it was finally time to come out my corner and say hi! :D I play bass mostly, but I have been known to tickle the ivories or strum a string or two. It's nice as a woman and musician to find other women to talk to and I look forward to getting to know you all a little better. I wonder if I'm the only Canadian. ? Hmm... Anyways... Just saying Hi to all you gals:))

prblack

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

I wonder if I'm the only Canadian. ? Hmm... Anyways... Just saying Hi to all you gals:))

prblack One Wing Angel is a Canadian, and really we don't hold it againt the two of you, you can't help it

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@astonefox)
Trusted Member

I am female! I have been coming here for ages, just hardly post. I have been playing for about 20 years. LOVE IT! mostly blues, rock etc....I decided to make this year the year I conquer funk guitar. wish me luck. :D

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 12