Clear all

? for anybody that.....

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

A question for anybody that might be a music history buff. Who pioneered using the guitar as a lead instrument?

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

(@argus)
Reputable Member

Charlie Christian, I guess.

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

good guess argus, but nope, it was Mother Maybelle Carter. I thought you ladies would be interested in that, and maybe some of you guys.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@bassgirl)

Neato!

Life goes on forever, and music lasts a lifetime. Get in and be heard.

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

That's so interesting that it was a woman (and cool).... It is odd that a woman pioneered using the a guitar as a lead instrument and then woman as lead guitarists virtually disappeared. It was all men that took guitar to new heights. There were really no female lead guitarists in the 60/70's., Not saying that there aren't any great woman guitarists but how many do you so on the top guitarists lists. Even now, there are some but we still take a back seat - not blaming it on society just stating fact. Most famous female guitarists are acoustic folk or rhythm.

Thanks Madsen for this bit of info.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

good guess argus, but nope, it was Mother Maybelle Carter. I thought you ladies would be interested in that, and maybe some of you guys.

Thanks, Tim. That's an interesting bit of trivia!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote