Gibson's Line of La...

Notifications
Clear all

Gibson's Line of Ladies Guitars!!!! :D

52 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
(@annatheangry)

I'm just glad that they aren't just marketed and decorated for females, but accually designed for us! At first I thought they were just femine-looking guitars.

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't that the way all this started?

Guy's play to impress the girls......

Girls get impressed.....

Girls realize they can do the same thing,only with a different outlook or a different understanding........

Isn't this the way that Rock'n'Roll started out? :shock:

Us guys got started playing stuff that would p*** off our parents and it snowballed from there, now look at us!

What worked back then, works now!

Ol Les knew it then, and it still works now!

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@riotgeek)

I live in Australia and there are none available here yet … best advice I can get from the Oz distributor is that they're at least three months away from arriving here.

I saw some advertised on a music store's website last week, they were going for around AUD$3,000. I belive the store was in Melbourne. I'll try to find the site again and post the link for you.

ReplyQuote
(@riotgeek)

I live in Australia and there are none available here yet … best advice I can get from the Oz distributor is that they're at least three months away from arriving here.

I saw some advertised on a music store's website last week, they were going for around AUD$3,000. I belive the store was in Melbourne. I'll try to find the site again and post the link for you.

Can't find the Melbourne store that was stocking them, pretty sure it was located in the Blackburn area. There is another store on the Gold Coast that has them, but they're retailing them for AUD$4400. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems overpriced...

Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/electric/gibson/index.htm

ReplyQuote
(@tamhin)

Can't find the Melbourne store that was stocking them, pretty sure it was located in the Blackburn area. There is another store on the Gold Coast that has them, but they're retailing them for AUD$4400. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems overpriced...

Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/electric/gibson/index.htm

Thank you very much. I checked out the link you posted and noticed they only advertised the RRP, but said "Call Us" for our price. So I sent them an email to find out if they have them in store yet. I'll let you know when I hear from them.

BTW, in a recent copy of Guitarist Australia magazine there was a Gibson catalogue that had ithe LP Goddess advertised with a RRP of $3,599. So I think that probably sets the top price they would go for.

ReplyQuote
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

Elecktra are you and Twisty trying to ruin me financially through Gibson SG's?

Now I have an SG dilema, do I chose the Gibson SG Supreme I've been drooling over ever since Twisty showed me it, do I chose the Gibson SG Goddess that YOU so kindly posted, or do I just say screw it and buy both?

Decisions decisions.

Secondly I really like the fact there is a 5lb / 7lb guitar, because extended hours of playing really does weigh heavy (pun intended) after a while, especially the big breasted of us out there, who already have enough back and shoulder problems to begin with.

But I have to agree with the general feeling on the 'Women' lable. To me it kind of implies that women need special treatment, because we just can't possibly play a MAAANS guitar.

Yes it's great that there guitars being made for those people who find playing a 'normal' guitar difficult, but as demonstrated here, that is not limited to just women alone. I don't know about you girls or you guys but I find it a little insulting. It also plays up to the seperation of the sexes, infering that men shouldn't buy this guitar because it's 'girly' guitar and again that women guitar players need special treatment.

I don't see why the guitar (or the deodorant, lol) market should be seperated, musicians are individuals with different needs and tastes, men, women and children alike. I know guys with BIG hands who play 'girly' guitars and one of the GN members wife/Girlfriend who at 5'1" plays a bad@ss Ibanez 12 string that's almost as big as she is and certainly weighs more than she does, tiny tiny lady with meaty guitar - hot!

It shoudld be the Les Paul 'Slimline' range or Gibson 'Feather Weight' - (It may be light but it's still an awesome guitar dammit!)series.....

"We Are The Facilitators Of Our Own Creative Evolution".

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Screw it! Buy both!!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

I was going to anyway, hehe

Now I just need to sell my internal organs on the black market to raise the cash.

"We Are The Facilitators Of Our Own Creative Evolution".

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

The main reason I have never played LP's is the weight, I know my Jazz box weighs more but I play that sitting down 90% of the time. With a lighter version I may have to check into them again.
And for the person who asked does 2 lbs. really make that much difference, yeah when you are up on your feet playing for 4 hours it does.

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I dig that light blue SG. I was just watching one on Ebay.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@hellokit)

hey I have the hello kitty one! the black one..

ReplyQuote
(@anuradha)

At 5'6" and with long fingers, I don't have much of a problem with a regular guitar

But I'd love to have that one in the violet burst.

ReplyQuote
(@astonefox)
Estimable Member

Those are really cool! I think I might go to guitar center and test one out. They clearly do not need guitars for women, it's a marketing ploy, a good idea though. It's the kind of thing that if I had tons of money I would buy some to add to my collection as a novelty, other than that I am going to buy a guitar because it feels great to me.

Having said that, I hope guys will buy them too. I could see Kurt Cobain playing one with no shame. :)

ReplyQuote
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member

I found a violet burst Gibson Goddess on their official site:

*drool*

:shock:

Beautiful.

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

its v. considerate of them to remove one of the tone and volume sets of controls on the women's guitars. naturally, we would get confused if we had a dedicated tone and dedicated volume control for each pick-up. :roll:

but the violet-burst looks soooooooooo good. :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4