Notifications
Clear all

Gibson's Line of Ladies Guitars!!!! :D

52 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

It'd simplify it a whole lot more if they took one of those pickups and the switch off. :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

its v. considerate of them to remove one of the tone and volume sets of controls on the women's guitars. naturally, we would get confused if we had a dedicated tone and dedicated volume control for each pick-up. :roll:

but the violet-burst looks soooooooooo good. :wink:

Well, as a guy that actually uses the volume and tone to control the output of the guitar, I actually prefer using guitars with a single volume and tone knob. The "standard" Gibson setup doesn't let me make fast, subtle changes in volume and tone as quickly. I think it's an improvement, and one of the things that would have me looking really hard at an LP Goddess if I were in the market for another LP.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

fair point Moonrider, I tend to mess more with volume and tone pots mid-tune on my strat than my Epi LP, maybe I just don't like the idea of companies marketing 'girls guitars' despite the fact that many girls/women were playing guitar before the marketing ploy (I feel I'm entitled to one of them violet-bursts on account of having to deal with idiot-guys back before this whole girl-guitar thing kicked off - fair compensation :wink: ).

I'm actually more concerned about the differencein weight - I chose my Epi (which plays bloody well, btw) over an LP studio because the thinner bodies just felt wrong, I like having to wrestle a little (acutally, that's probs cos my pops taught me to play and one of the first tunes he showed me was a finger-stretch killer called The Guitar Is Not Your Friend...... :roll: )

@Ricochet - yup, that would be very Avril Lavigne :|

mind you, I shouldn't complain. I've just gone full circle and my current guitar of choice is a beat up old Classical of my dads - sounds much better which violins, flutes, etc, and for intricate solo accompaniment, IMO. but I might change my mind when my lovely Martin D15 arrives....... 8)

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

mind you, I shouldn't complain. I've just gone full circle and my current guitar of choice is a beat up old Classical of my dads - sounds much better which violins, flutes, etc, and for intricate solo accompaniment, IMO. but I might change my mind when my lovely Martin D15 arrives....... 8)

I've had my mahogany D-15 few years now, and playing her is sheer joy. The guitar literally comes alive in your hands as you strum. Added bonus: she *smells* good. You get that burst of natural mahogany perfume when you open the case, and it just heightens the anticipation . . . :shock:

. . . must. go. play. now.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Same with my maple SJ-200. Smells wonderful!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Moonrider - I fell in love with the D15 around 8 yrs ago now, when I was working Saturdays in Dawson's music store. I was good at selling gear (but honest, too, lol I just encouraged GAS) but did everything I could to dissuade anyone from trying that D15 until I had one...............its taken me a while to have the ready cash to get mine, but I'm deffo looking forward to it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I found it played perfectly for my build/style of playing, and worked excellently for blues.

definite believer in the idea that certain guitars+certain ppl = perfect blend. some guitars, you just know instantly, but its a subjective thing.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@werner77)
Eminent Member

some very cool designs. Seems there is a demand for ladies guitars?

Ladies

Would you prefer buying one of these over a normal gibson design?

www.playguitarmusiclessons.com

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4