Skip to content
How many female gui...

Notifications
Clear all

How many female guitar players do you know?

36 Posts
33 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

It would be about 20% I guess. I'm pretty sure I know exactly two girls who play guitar but not quite sure how many guys, around ten or so. Kinda depends on what you would consider 'know'. A problem would be that men seem more willing to mention them playing guitar then girls are so I might actually know more guitar-playing girls without knowing so. :)

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

A problem would be that men seem more willing to mention them playing guitar then girls are so I might actually know more guitar-playing girls without knowing so. :)

Good point.

Either way, I don't know any. I did, but she moved. Now she's back, but I haven't talked to her.

So does the count for 1? or maybe 1/2?

:? :lol:

Have a good one!

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@kenzabenzie)

I don't know any other female guitar players - that's one of the reasons I was glad to find this site.

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

About 40% of the guitarists I know are women. I also know more women that play keyboards than the men and women guitarists combined.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@livermore-music)

I only know two female musicians and they are both related to me. *Shrugs*

ReplyQuote
(@hemsbacher)
Eminent Member

Me and my sister...that's it!

Yum yum yummy, I got metal in my tummy!

ReplyQuote
(@decieved)
Trusted Member

im a girl,and i only know one other female guitarist other than myself. i dont mean to sound rude here, but not many females are good/dedicated to guitar. or at least not many where i live. (and when i say 'good', i dont mean a few simple chords)

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Out of 17 students I teach on a weekly basis, 10 are female aged between 15 and 43. My wife also plays, my daughter refuses and insists on playing the piano and saxaphone instead the rotten little ingrate :roll:
Out of gigging musicians, I know about 6 females.
Interestingly enough, one of the larger venues for live music here, The Toad Tavern is running a series of weekends strictly for All Female bands for the next few weeks.

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Teleplayer324 wrote: Interestingly enough, one of the larger venues for live music here, The Toad Tavern is running a series of weekends strictly for All Female bands for the next few weeks.

Cool!

Wish I could make a roadtrip. :(

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@anuradha)

I know 3 other female guitar players

ReplyQuote
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

Since I got a guitar last year I met other women who play. I also met a lot of women who sorta used to play or thought about playing ... I was at this remote hotel on a construction job and the girls there were, like, "ooh a guitar! " and then " I want to get into acting and singing.... I used to play... I forgot my guitar at home... I tried it before and I liked it but don't have time.... etc... "
What is up with that?
:twisted: A couple months later they all quit their jobs.
Music is the quiet revolution!
I have 2 girls, just turned 2 and 4 and they have a Backyardigans and a Barbie guitar for starters.

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

ReplyQuote
(@athnel)

20-25

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

I only know one other girl who plays guitar. I never thought about it before but now I am surprised.

Never thought of it either but now I can only name 2 besides myself that I know right now!

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

I know a couple of girls that play-they're mostly better songwriters than me/the guys I know, where the I/the guys are more technical. Kind of a generalization, but there it is.

The ratio stands at about 1:1, actually. I know a bunch of female keyboard players and drummers, though-more than the guys-so I don't know what that show :P

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
 Noff
(@noff)
Estimable Member

I say 40% or so. I'm in college which is probably where you'll find the most female guitar players, and I have a lot of female friends anyway, so...

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3