Clear all

Kittie

13 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I thought I'd post this to help get the board going. It's Kittie, an all female metal band. One of my favourite bands too!

http://www.kittie.net/disco/disco.php

(@banre)
Reputable Member

Kittie is pretty cool. I am not nearly into metal as I was back in my early twenties (hours of Slayer and Sepultura and Pantera, OH MY!), but I still listen for new stuff. This catches my ear much more than the majority of the stuff these days. I've listened to a few things, mostly when I'm in a mood and turn on a metal internet station.

It's one thing to be a female band in pop, R'n'B, country, et al. The metal scene is really dominated by men. I am sure it's tough to be seen as a legitimate act, rather than a novelity. Kudos to them.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I did hear some kittie's song on owa's insisting.They are good.Almost nirvana style.Maybe a bit Nu-metal too.I also like the Epi les paul ,some one plays there.

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Now this is a tribute band!

http://www.theironmaidens.com/

Laz

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I always look forward to a new album from them.

So far my favorite album is Until The End.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

Sorry! that's just one horrible noise, almost as bad as rap,imo.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

If you're into all-girl heavy rock bands, there was a British band called Girlschool back in the early 80's - they were pretty cool, even had a hit single - they got together with Motorhead and recorded "Please Don't Touch" - was a pretty big hit here in the UK.....I think it was an old Gene Vincent song from the 50's, but wow did they rip it up!

I was chatting to OWA a few mins ago on MSN and mentioned "Please Don't Touch"..... wow, it brought back memories, I bought "You Better You Bet" by The Who, "Centerfold" by the J Geils Band, "Please Don't Touch" and my first Rubik's Cube all on the same day......1981 would be the year.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Here's another all female metal band called Hazard County Girls. Check it out!

http://www.hazardcountygirls.com/sounds.html

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

These ladies are more listenable than Kittie imo. My problem with Kittie is that one girls voice, atleast I think it was a voice. It sounded like some one had stomped on a cats tail. Maybe that's where the name Kittie comes from :wink:

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I like the screaming vocals. The lead singer, Morgan Lander is good at singing normally and screaming. Mind you, I didn't care much for it at first but it kinda grew on me.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

vic, i remember girl school, they rocked. any body remember an all girl metal band called rock goddess?

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Don't remember Rock Goddess - but I remember the Bangles covering a song about 85 or so called "Going Down To Liverpool" - it was actually a minor hit over here, I wondered at the time what a bunch of well-off California girls were thinking of, covering a song about life on the dole (American translation - welfare) in the most depressed city in the UK (in terms of unemployment that is).....certain irony about that don't you think? I could never take them seriously again.....they wouldn't have known the difference between a UB40 (unemployment benefit claim form) and UB40 (a german submarine).........

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

Liked them both. Never heard of them before. Kittie seems familar but not sure if i heard of them before. Anyway, thanks for the post, you turned me on to 2 cool bands!

ReplyQuote