Clear all

LP question & guitar line-up

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@musica23)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hi all! With Christmas just around the corner, I am hoping with all my might that I may acquire another guitar if I'm good. Here's what I've got my eyes on:

Les Paul Studio

However, my hands and fingers are quite small and I've never tried a LP. I know they're heavy, but I'm concerned about the width of the neck. I see that there's an option for women (or anyone) called the Vixen (Sky Burst, Ebony or Ice Burst for me...I'd have to see 'em in person). I'll definitely give that some thought, but my heart belongs to the Alpine White beauty above. So, without being able to try one out for a while as I'm under the weather with bronchitis, please offer your experiences with the almighty Gibson LP so I can try to detach if necessary! Of course I'll try one out ASAP, but this is driving me nuts for now. Plus, I'm curious as to what other women (or men with small hands, for that matter) are playing. Here's my guitar line-up in order of playing comfort:

1. 1981 Aria Pro II - Perfectly small neck, great little guitar I picked up new. Not the prettiest thing on earth, but serves me well. Plus, it's been signed by Roy Buchanan (R.I.P.), Bonnie Raitt, Buddy Guy and Robert Cray (who is almost worn off :cry: )

2. 2006 Fender Strat Deluxe Ash - My newest baby...cherry sunburst, rosewood fretboard, beautiful and a pleasure to play. This may stop my acquistion of a LP as my hubby doesn't understand why anyone would need more than one guitar. :roll:

3. 2006 Schecter Diamond Series C/SH-1 - Also new, it's transparent red, gold hardware, semi-hollow and beautiful. Same as above...too much new stuff.

4. 1984 Ibanez Roadstar II (Strat copy, pretty much, though not "lawsuit" era) - My least favorite electric of all-time (that I own). When I bought it new I really wanted a Strat. It's very uncomfortable for me to play and not pretty enough to compensate for that fact (sort of a classic white or cream color w/black pickguard and trem). Although I love accumulating things, I'd happily let this one go if I thought it would bring much.

Also, I have a 1985 Ovation acoustic/electric which I rarely play as I much prefer electric. In addition, I own 4 bass guitars which is a whole different story.

So please let me know if you (with small hands!) have had success with a LP! Also, let me know what you're playing if you care to take the time. Thanks!

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

.......as my hubby doesn't understand why anyone would need more than one guitar.
It keeps the voices quiet - they like one each. :lol: :lol:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I think LP necks are more comfortable than a strat ones.And LP studio is going for 1000 $ if i rem correctly.

So just play some and you will find out.

For your husband, you need to play him 'Sweet child of mine' on the LP (or an acoustic).Replace 'she' with 'he' (as in the Sheryl Crow version) and hopefully, he won't mind the purchase.

8)

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Rahul said:
For your husband, you need to play him 'Sweet child of mine' on the LP (or an acoustic).Replace 'she' with 'he' (as in the Sheryl Crow version) and hopefully, he won't mind the purchase.

Thanks, Rahul! I'll give that a try.

Speaking of the limited price reduction on Studio LPs (according to Guitar Center's site), do you happen to know when the reduction ends? Maybe I'll sneak 'em a call while hubby's away... :twisted:

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Replace 'she' with 'he' (as in the Sheryl Crow version)8)

Who let Sheryl Crow cover Sweet Child O' Mine? I mean she's a talented musician but there's still some things only the hard rockers can pull off :lol:

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote