Luna Guitars for Women

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

http://www.lunaguitars.com/home.htm

I just ran across these guitars that are designed with women in mind. I've never tried one, but they look really interesting! I think Daisy Rock has a bit more of a selection as far as styles go, but this company may catch up to them eventually! They have acoustics, acoustic/electrics, electrics and basses. I kind of like this acoustic, "Midsummer Nights Dream", but, then, I have the same picture hanging over my bed, so I would! LOL!

What do y'all think?

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

(@katreich)
Prominent Member

I've seen those too! I think they're beautiful. Wonder how they sound?

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
(@stardust)
Eminent Member

That's gorgeous.

I had a peep at the website, this one's just perfect:

Something else out of my price range to drool over. :D

Their guitars seem less kitsch/aimed at little girls than Daisy Rock, not aimed at little girls so much. Nothing against DR, I quite fancy a couple of their guitars, but I reckon you'd have a hard time being taken seriously with some of their more cutesy designs. ;)

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

When the main selling feature is the art work on the top I've got to take a step back. I looked at the acoustics and I didn't see anywhere whether or not they are solid wood. So I'm assuming they are laminated, if they are they're over priced in my book. Pretty art work, don't think I'd buy a guitar because of that.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

I like the black one but i don't like the first one. But that's just me! :)

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Both are really nice looking, but I'm going to have to agree with Tim on this one. A guitar should be bought on sound, not looks. They are certainly beautiful though.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Their guitars seem less kitsch/aimed at little girls than Daisy Rock, not aimed at little girls so much. Nothing against DR, I quite fancy a couple of their guitars, but I reckon you'd have a hard time being taken seriously with some of their more cutesy designs. ;)

I quite agree, Stardust! I DO own a Daisy Rock, though! It's the pink RetroH 12-string and there's nothing cutesy about the way it looks or sounds! Here she is......

I could never bring myself to play one of their silly flower or butterfly guitars, though! They've got some that are absolutely amazing looking (and sounding!) As for Luna, I've never seen one, heard one or played one. I just like the way they look! :D

Sorry guys, it's a girl thing..............

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

A buddy of mine and me were down at drumland the local daisy dealer (Go figure). We went in to check out a strat he wanted and of course had to pick up a butterfly and a flower guitar and start jamming out some buddy guy on them. The looks we got were priceless.

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote