Notifications
Clear all

No Girls Allowed?

136 Posts
46 Users
0 Likes
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

As someone who has played in predominately male bands (the lone female figure on the stage), personally, I would love to form an all girl band, just to do it, not to make a statement or anything, simply for the experience. The only problem I've had with it, though, is finding enough females of "a certain age" who play (or are willing to get up on stage, I know several female players, but they won't get on stage). So, I guess it's all in your personal perception of what an all girl band could/should be. To, me, it ought to be just about the same as playing in a predominately male band, but with fewer farts. :D

You've never been to my house around the holidays . My 3 stepdaughters take a backseat (pun intended) to noone in that particular (no pun intended) area .

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

LOL! That's true! Women can definitely give men a run for their money in the fart department! :D Most of us, though, try to be at least a bit discreet (when possible!). :lol:

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I checked this thread out due to curiosity and I find "FARTS" being discissed ................... 8) Too cool! :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

As long as it stays with Farts, we'll be OK.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Cookin' with gas!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I checked this thread out due to curiosity and I find "FARTS" being discissed ................... 8) Too cool! :lol:
Have you noticed the Bots are always with us?
Thus, my ode to the Bots . . . months ago.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Let us crank it up a notch and try to make GuitarNoise the number one suggestion when googling 'fart'. :P

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

CreateFarts.com

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

We are so ahead of the Internet . . .
Poor bots are slaves to their masters . . .
Give pause to let them catch up . . .
I almost feel sorry for them . . .
(holding methane)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@shadowraptor)
Trusted Member

I don't know about the eye candy part, but with all due respect to the ladies, nothing turns me on more than seeing and hearing a female (any age, race, skill or style) play a guitar.

Have a safe and pleasant day.

Rob
Canada

Yamaha FG-730S
Crafter GAE45/N
Beaver Creek BCR8501
Yamaha CG-? (91)
Yamaha CG-171SF
Framus Texan 5/296 12-String
Takamini EG-345C 12-String
Indiana IN-BM5 Mandolin
M-Audio Oxygen 49 Keyboard

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I don't know about the eye candy part, but with all due respect to the ladies, nothing turns me on more than seeing and hearing a female (any age, race, skill or style) play a guitar.

:wink:

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I'll drink to that.
Watching them dance does it for me too.
But I'm ez. Test me.

Edit (added): Sent to me by a friend (can you guess we're both retired?)
Dancing chicks circa 60's http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ar-Z_l907DY
Quit laughing!

ReplyQuote
(@shadowraptor)
Trusted Member

I retired 4 years ago, got bored, and went back to work 1/2 time. Guess what I do with the other half? (it involves 6 and 12 strings, and maybe 10 in the future if my lady of 35 years will let me out of my promise to stop buying stringed things!) ...

I am trying to get her interested in learning how to play guitar too, but so far no success.

Rob
Canada

Yamaha FG-730S
Crafter GAE45/N
Beaver Creek BCR8501
Yamaha CG-? (91)
Yamaha CG-171SF
Indiana IN-BM5 Mandolin

ReplyQuote
(@shadowraptor)
Trusted Member

Great video - thanks much!

I have been playing acoustic for about 15 months (started late). When I watch old videos like this, the neat guitar things the band members were doing then seem very simple now.

I am currently spending most of my time with my classical guitar, and I am seriously considering taking a lesson or two.

Rob
Canada

Yamaha FG-730S
Crafter GAE45/N
Beaver Creek BCR8501
Yamaha CG-? (91)
Yamaha CG-171SF
Indiana IN-BM5 Mandolin

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I retired 4 years ago, got bored, and went back to work 1/2 time. Guess what I do with the other half? (it involves 6 and 12 strings, and maybe 10 in the future if my lady of 35 years will let me out of my promise to stop buying stringed things!) ...

I am trying to get her interested in learning how to play guitar too, but so far no success.

You might consider getting her a dulcimer. The simplest stringed instrument EVER! Since you're playing a classical guitar, the tones would complement nicely! I love my dulcimer! (But I play my guitar more!) It goes first - guitar, second - dulcimer, third - bass, and fourth - mandolin. After that it's percussion.

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 10