(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Epi's just put up this web page highlighting their female endorsers:
http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=562

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I'm all about women playing guitars, some good friends of mine play guitars and I think it's great. If they're easy on the eyes, thats a plus to. But this doesn't seem the best way to get women interested in guitars.

http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=227

It seems more like something Dean would do to sell guitars.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well, I don't think it's something Epi did. Shelley Fairchild got herself in that magazine feature, with a whole bunch of others, and I'd say either she or her publicist messaged Epi to include it. I think any complaints would best be directed to Ms. Fairchild.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Just as in anything else divided by gender lines, I'll just be glad when people don't feel the need to have a page dedicated to "the women" or "the girls" of anything. It will be a great day when we are thought of simply as guitar players and not as some sort of novelty.

In my humble opinion...........

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

That's well said EB. Women guitar players shouldn't be looked at any differently. I know of a fair number of girls that live in the same small town as me that could destroy me in a guitar duel, and I think it's great. I wish I was as good as some of them are.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

[I wish more men out in the world felt the same way you do! I've played with some men who look at me and you can tell that they're thinking, "Awww..... ain't she cute........ little girl wants to play with the big boys!" BUT, when they find out that I can actually PLAY, their attitudes change completely and it almost becomes a contest (it's almost like they're trying to keep me "in my place") and I really don't like turning music into a contest (and I darn sure won't be put "in my place"!!!). I MUCH prefer to play with men who can look at me and, once they hear me play, accept me simply as a player. It's much more fun that way!

:D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Hey, check out the "Emily the Strange" guitar and read the interview, it's great!

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

[ "Awww..... ain't she cute........ little girl wants to play with the big boys!" BUT, when they find out that I can actually PLAY, their attitudes change completely and it almost becomes a contest (it's almost like they're trying to keep me "in my place") :D

I kind of know how you feel. My sister's a drummer, and she's only been playing about a year now. She was in Music City in St. John's the other day, and some guy was bashing away at a drum set like he thought he was the next Ringo Starr. Anyway, she sits down at the next set over and plays some sort of crazy fast fill (Sorry, I know nothing about drumming :oops: ) and just leaves the guy shaking his head :P

Rock On

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I don't like pages that dedicate to women either. It gives the extra help, but makes me feel like we have a handicap and NEED the extra help. That being said, I feel "The Other Side" isn't all that different from the pages dedicated to women.

ReplyQuote