Notifications
Clear all

Time to Pony Up, Girls?

106 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I did PM Electrablue because I wasn't sure what the next step was.

Gina

Gina,

Basically, every jam I've been involved in, each person just comes up with their own part to their assigned segment, and then submits them to the jam host for editting. This allows everyone the freedom to do thier part however they like to the best of their current playing abilities. So be creative, let loose, and most of all, have fun! 8) :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I was going to say the exact same thing as Dan.

I know I'd mentioned that with teams you can collaborate as a group but I didn't think you guys would form a band and go tour first. :D

Even when you work independant of the group or even with the group, if and when you have a part ready, please send it in so I can get busy mixing it into the final product. :wink:

If any of you are having difficulties getting your recordings into the computer, please don't hesitate to ask for help.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 Gina
(@gina)
Estimable Member

Thanks. I'm not sure what part of the jam I'm doing yet, I guess that's what I was asking! Also, when I send this to you, am I just sending my 40 seconds worth? i.e. If i'm doing the last 40 seconds of the jam, do I send the whole backing track and then you'll pull out my 40 seconds worth? Or do I have to figure out how to only send you my 40 seconds on its own?

Of course I could just jam to the whole thing and let you pick out the best 40 seconds. :P

Sorry for being an idiot! Just want to be sure I send what I'm supposed to.

Girls, do we know who's doing what part of the jam yet?

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

ReplyQuote
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Hi Gina and others

Read this http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=18870 before you send in the tracks.

Your final "solo track" should include the initial "sync clics" from the backing track and your solo with the right time in between.
The sync clics makes it easy for the mixer to syncronize the "solo track" to the backing track.

A low quality track with your solo mixed to the backing track is also a good help for mixer.

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Thank you, Kalle! :D

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@prblack)
Eminent Member

hey gals whatz happening with the funk jam? :)

ReplyQuote
 Gina
(@gina)
Estimable Member

I was wondering the same thing! I haven't heard a thing from anyone (til now :D ) I'm guessing the holidays got in the way. I did work on it a little but really need to work on it a lot more. What's everyone else doing?

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

You don't have to wait & submit all the parts at once. Once your part is done, send it to Bish, and he'll mix it into the track, then mix all the parts together once all the parts are in. Maybe if you two get your parts done & submitted, you'll light a fire under the others. :P

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Gina
(@gina)
Estimable Member

I don't even know what my part is, we haven't gotten that far! I suppose I could make an "executive decision" and say I'll do part one...but I don't want to step on anyone's toes...

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

This is how you guys are listed on the "Funk Jam Progress Report":
Team Funkalicious:
Gina
Elecktra
Pearlthekat
PRBlack

Why not just go with that?

Dan

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Thanks, Dan. It was just brought to my attention about this void, as well.

Oh ladies....you still got time to whoop up on the Mods. They have forgotten about this jam too, it seems.

Gee, I wonder which team will take the honors and be first to complete the jam?

Oh wait. . . . . . was this one a little too hard for anyone? :wink:

Bish

ReplyQuote
 Gina
(@gina)
Estimable Member

Ah, Dan, great suggestion. I'm ok with this (except that I'm going first! No pressure..no pressure..no pressure...) :wink: If everyone else is ok with this I think this is the way to go. If anyone doesn't like it, just say so. :)

ReplyQuote
(@prblack)
Eminent Member

I'm ok with you going first Gina. :)
I'll try to add my part this weekend. I guess I'm a little confused on how this whole thing works. I thought we had to submit all the parts at once. :?

Pauline

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

PR, I'm not sure where that came from.

In the original thread, all I said was to do it in groups of 4. You can collaborate if you want to cuz it's never been done before but by no means is that the rule. If you've got a part ready please submit it to me when you can. I'm dying to hear what you gals come up with. :D

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Sorry, y'all! I got tied up, but think I may have a minute to think now. If Gina wants the first 40, I say, "go for it". PR, if you want the second that's fine with me, too. I'm not sure what Pearl wants to do, but I'll do my best to find out, and I'll take whatever's left.

I've been messing with it a bit but haven't had time to come up with anything concrete yet, so, if any of the three of you have your parts ready, by all means, send them to Bish (and to the other 3 team members, please!!). Sounds like everyone else has just been doing their own thing individually. It's up to y'all if you want to get together ahead of time and try to come up with something more cohesive. I'm usually available most evenings on MSN after 6 p.m. (CST) except for Wednesdays and Saturdays (music nights).

Oh! And the Mods weren't going to get started until after the holidays, either! You'll probably be hearing from them soonly!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 8