Clear all

What do you play?

36 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
(@juliagulia)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Okay reading about the guitars marketed/designed for women I am curious what all you ladies play. I don't see this topic being discussed on the "Other Side" but apologize if this has be discussed already. I have a beautiful Big Baby Taylor!! I was originally looking at a Daisy Rock or Luna but wanted an Acoustic with no need for electronics, no one in my area was carrying either of these, had some issues with an online order (I HATE sam ash!) and went to my guitar store with a laundry list of what I was looking for and the Big Baby is what he brought out for me. It was love at first sight/strum. So what do you play?

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Julia! :D

I have several guitars, but only one marketed toward women (and it's my favorite!).

First is my Daisy Rock RetroH 12-string electric.

Next comes my Washburn electric 6-string.

Then my Fender Acoustic 6-string.

My Lucero Classical 6-string with a broken string (that I inherited from my sister when she passed).

My Half-size Paracho Classical 6-string.

My Santa Rosa mandolin (with 8 strings).

My Squier Bass (with 4 strings).

And, last, but not least, my unknown maker dulcimer (also with 4 strings, but it's played as if there were only 3 strings).

:D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

EB, What is the Black guitar in the tree stand?

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

That is a guitar that I bought for my then 13 year old nephew. I took it home first and played with it a few days, but didn't like it, so I took it back and got him a Squier. I can't even remember what that brand was! Pretty neck though! It only lived here for about 3 days!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@juliagulia)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Holy smokes!! Look at all those strings. :) Beautiful insturments! I am in desperate need of a Daisy Rock Retro H myself but think I should probably learn to play the guitar I have before I run out and buy some more. I also see a ukelele in my future . . .

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I am in desperate need of a Daisy Rock Retro H myself

I also see a ukelele in my future . . .

LOL! Pearlthekat recently got a white RetroH! They're great!! :D

I think I see a ukelele in my future, too! And, maybe a banjo .... :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

You won't be able to hang out long on that other board before you'll be GASsing for a resonator guitar, EB.

Did you know there are resonator mandolins and ukuleles? National made 'em back in the old days. Johnson's been selling repros for several years, and the National Resophonic folks have recently gotten into reproducing them, too.

I've got to take a picture of my dulcimer...

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I already want everything resonator! :D Actually, if it's got strings and frets on it ... I want it!!!! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I think you could be the first with a resonator dulcimer.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@stardust)
Eminent Member

I play a wine red Gibson SG special and a slightly beaten Yamaha acoustic I've had since I was 10. Neither are aimed at women but I think they're both gorgeous.

I did try out an Epiphone Les Paul when I was shopping for my electric but I could hardly lift it. :D

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

My very first guitar was a red no-name , well Carlo Robelli, that luckily fell and broke after i had it for a couple of months, so i was able to get a Seagull M-6. After that I got an electric on e-bay, a PRS Santana SE. I had both those for a couple of years then had a GAS attack this year so I bought my Daisy Rock Retro-H, used at Guitar Center and I also bought a Martin 000C-16GTE acoustic electric. I also bought a Fender Blues Jr. amp this year.

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

I LUV the heart cut-outs on the Dulcimer.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I think you could be the first with a resonator dulcimer.

:D I would absolutely LOVE that!!!! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

My current arsenal includes a Talor 12 string that was a wedding gift from my husband, a Tacoma a/e Chief, a Dean Saratoga electric 12 string, a Gibson hound dog dobro ( currently in need of repair) , a Hamer hollow body jazz guitar (probably for sale) a beat up old Yamaha acoustic that was once my sister's and that I've had for over 20 years, and my new baby, a Taylor T5 which was a fith anniversary gift from my husband.

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

My first guitar was a cheap Ibanez acoustic - I don't even know the make but for the price is a pretty decent guitar. I know people who bought used and new guitars for the same price that are pieces of crap. I have slightly upgraded to a Martin DX1 acoustic - it's my baby. I also have a cheap used 12 string acoustic, nothing special but gets the job done. As for electric - my first one was a hand-me-down from my brother, it is the gibson epiphone version of an SG. Now I have a Fender Tele beautiful guitar. I have to say I have never looked in to guitars that were marketed for females.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3