Notifications
Clear all

Where is everyone?

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@taylorgal)
Topic starter  

I just joined this forum recently, and was delighted to see that there is actually a suforum for women. It seems we are pretty outnumbered, and I thought it would be fun to chat with some other guitar gals. But, it doesn't look like much has been going on here for sometime. Would love to meet some female GN members.

(@susanne)

Hello Taylorgal, from another Taylorgal! I just joined, and it would be so cool to get to know some other guitar playing gals.

ReplyQuote
(@aurora)
Trusted Member

Hi, I'm Laura, was also hoping to talk to other female guitarists, although to say I'm a "guitarist" at this point would be a stretch, LOL.

So, hello! Nice to meet you! :)

A guitar has moonlight in it. ~ James M. Cain

ReplyQuote
(@shanlou)

I joined this forum today specifically because I saw a subforum for women. I'm pretty new to playing -- my 10-year-old daughter started taking lessons at the beginning of the year (she was given a guitar for Christmas) and I wanted to be able to help her with her practising at home, so I took lessons over the summer. I never thought I would really enjoy it -- I played brass instruments in high school and the guitar mystified me -- but now I am totally hooked.

ReplyQuote
(@aurora)
Trusted Member

Hi Shanlou! Nice to meet you. I'm not too advanced yet either, though I'm hoping I will get there someday! I get frustrated because at my age it's not as easy to pick things up as it used to be. But I love it and will keep plugging away. :) What kinds of songs do you like or want to play?

A guitar has moonlight in it. ~ James M. Cain

ReplyQuote
(@shanlou)

My teacher plays classical guitar so we started out with the basics of that and then started in on chords and playing stuff like Country Roads, Bad Moon Rising, House of the Rising Sun. I like rock, bluegrass, folk, blues, etc. With the summer over I'm busier so I haven't had a lot of time to sit and practice, so I'm just playing the same few songs I have a bit of a handle on.

ReplyQuote
(@pointersinfluenced)

Hi, I am a female guitarist and I am new here!

ReplyQuote
(@ladycharlie419)

It's so quiet! Just picked up my guitar after several years. Looking forward to starting all over again and chatting with some guitar gals!

ReplyQuote