Clear all

Whoa, whats this forum?

15 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I was perusing (whatever that word is) the boards and I came across this forum here...  What is it?  Is it a off-topic discussion place?  I always used opinions & Polls for that.  

aka Izabella

(@Anonymous)

Its for the ladies Izz.... you'll fit right in.

-Marv

ReplyQuote
(@portia)
Reputable Member

This board is a place to discuss topics relevant to women in music.  

ReplyQuote
(@rotten)
Eminent Member

Its for the ladies Izz.... you'll fit right in.

-Marv

LMAO Smmoookkkeeedddddd

Dirty Rotten

"You gona bark all day little doggy? Or are you gona bite?"

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

:'(

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Whys it called the other side then?  It makes it sound like an off-topic forum.  The other side of life.  The stuff that goes on when you arent doing guitar related stuff.  You know?  How are women the other side?  What if you are a woman?  How would you know this is a womens forum?  Why isint there a for men forum like there are mens and ladies restrooms?  I just think the name is a bit misleading.  I was actually hoping for some far side comics and stuff like that :P.  

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@portia)
Reputable Member

There used to be a whole section of the site called the other side with articles on issues specifically pertaining to women learning to play the guitar.  The other side is the women's side because the vast majority of guitar players are men and also the stereotype of your average guitar player is a man.  Many times, girls and women go through different struggles when learning to play the guitar due to these stereotypes.  This is a place where people can discuss these issues as well as anything else pertaining to women and music.  

As for how you would know that this is a forum about women and music, if you would direct your attention to the forum description on the main forum page you will find this:  

The Other Side
A great place where people can hang out and discuss topics about women and music.

Please understand that just because this is a forum about women doesn't mean that it is only for women - you are welcome to join in any discussions.

:)Portia

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I thought it was so us males could talk about our lady troubles and such.  I did read the thing, it made me think that we could talk about women (which isint guitar related) or music (the rest of music that isint guitar music) or anything else.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Ixerbelly:

You new avatar doesn't fit my mental image of you.  It needs more purple or pink.

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Its temporary until I can come up (ahem, steal from argus or something) with a new one.  I am too relaxed to think now.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Ixerbelly:

You new avatar doesn't fit my mental image of you.  It needs more purple or pink.

Yeah ... something from Daisy Rock would be perfect.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@psychonik)
Reputable Member

it seems as though there are missing posts. would someone please fill me in on why these posts have dissapeared.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

It's possible that they've been removed for breaching GN rules or they were in bad taste. It's unfair to remove the whole thread just because one poster couldn't stick to the straight and narrow, so only the offending piece gets chopped.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Alternately, they may not have survived the journey when we moved to the new forum server...

I remember there were some smart remarks, but nothing that bothered me much. But then I don't get it sometimes... :?

-Laz

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Izabella, your post on the name, and how its misleading immeidatly made me think of this

George: "See, I would think people would about it at the coffee machines"

Jerry: "Well, its probably eaiser to say water cooler show, than coffee machine show"

George: "Well its really not accurate, nobody drinks from a water cooler anymore, they use bottles--"

Jerry: "But I think Mr. Kimbrough makes a good point!"

Hmm, not entirely related, but it made me think of it. How old is this thread anyways, haha. (From the Finale, by the way)

I actually thought the same thing as you did though, that it was a place to talk about girl troubles, and other musical aspects.Haha, not that I really care, just interesting.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote