Better Search Funct...

Notifications
Clear all

Better Search Function?

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I just tried searching for some Eagles songs in the Easy Song forum and I only got 17 hits. Yet several of the posts suggested that tabs were posted of several of the songs I wanted to get and none of them showed in the results? I tried searching for specific songs and got nowhere as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted : 28/06/2006 5:36 pm
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Unfortunately, the search function comes with the boards so to get a better search we'd have to change boards and what a nightmare that was last time we did it. Just do what I do and wade through the ESD I always find at least one gem I didn't know was there.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

Posted : 28/06/2006 6:35 pm
(@Anonymous)

Unfortunately, the search function comes with the boards so to get a better search we'd have to change boards and what a nightmare that was last time we did it. Just do what I do and wade through the ESD I always find at least one gem I didn't know was there.

Actually over at the phpBB forum they have mods that can be added to improve forums such as these. If I remember correctly there is a mod to make the search function more accurate/faster...

Posted : 28/06/2006 6:39 pm
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

I know someone posted a way to use Google to browse the forums but I can't remember for the life of me how.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

Posted : 28/06/2006 6:53 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

It seems that when I do a search (the latest was just yesterday too), it pulls up everything in the order that it is in the forum. :? I also did one in the Bass forum a while ago and the same thing happened, so I made a new thread, and then Laz bumped one that was what I was looking for.

Maybe I'm not using the right words :?:

Posted : 28/06/2006 8:12 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=16471

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 28/06/2006 8:36 pm
(@Anonymous)

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=16471

AHHHH! I like when I am not the only one! Thanks slejhamer!

Posted : 28/06/2006 9:06 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Got your back, buddy. ;)

Still, I s'pose it's better to have incomplete searches than no search capability at all, which was the case for a while.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 29/06/2006 12:38 am