Composer's Forum

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Any news on this?

I know David Hodge said look out for it in 4 or 5 weeks - just wondering if there is any updated info / timeplan?

Cheers,

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

Posted : 17/10/2007 4:00 pm
(@davidhodge)

Plans are for the Composers' Forum, tentatively titled the "Sunday Composers' Workshop" to begin when Year 6 of the SSG starts, which will be Sunday, November 4, if I've managed to calculate the date correctly. :wink:

I think I posted this in the October 1 Newsletter, but you know how slowly news travels sometimes...

Peace

Posted : 17/10/2007 5:25 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

looking forward to the composer's forum starting up! :D

if its going to be a 'workshop' style with assignments, here are some sugestions for topics;

* choose a movie/tv character (either each person chooses one, or the assignment gives a list of possible characters to choose from) and write a piece of music based on that character - you could do it as, say, Goren's Theme (from Law and Order), or choose depict a key scene/action from the character (e.g. musically 'describing' a key scene from Die Hard or Rocky or summat).

* choose a guitarist/other musician and write a guitar-piece inspired by them. e.g. choosing SRV you could analyse his style, then try to cmpose something original which uses some of his techniques, or choose Miles Davis and make the lead part fairly simple (e.g. not fast super-complicated) and melodic, or Jim Hall and focus on interesting harmony. This could be a good way of getting into transcribing/developing one's ear.

If the forum is going down the route of weekly assignments, let me know, and I'll try to come up with a few more suggestions. :mrgreen:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 25/10/2007 4:03 pm