Clear all

Gn goes mobile?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Being from the attention deficit generation, I do a lot of my browsing on the go or while multitasking infront of the tv. Even as we speak I'm watching Friends while posting this. However GN takes ages to load on my mobile phone and it's hard to view all the information on my screen. I'd like to suggest a mobile friendly version of GN. More and more websites are doing this so it could be time for GN to jump on the bandwagon.

FYI, this post was made on an iPod touch.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

Posted : 21/11/2010 4:50 am
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

We'd love to jump on the bandwagon.

I've seen the site on all kinds of devices and I know there's plenty that can be done to improve the experience. It hasn't slipped my mind, it just takes time to come up with something that doesn't suck.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 21/11/2010 10:54 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Funny how the brain works - my inner rock'n'roll voice said, "ah, 'Going Mobile,' side 2, track 2, 'Who's Next,' 1971...." - always has been one of my all-time favourite albums.

I'm from the generation that thinks there's too much technology these days - I must have been a Luddite in a previous life - and I LOATHE mobile phones. Especially when people are uploading music to 'em and all that comes out is a horrible tinny sound. But, anything that'll bring GN to a wider audience is alright by me..... I suppose we've got to move with the times. Go for it!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 22/11/2010 12:42 am