Clear all

Most valuble threads archive

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@lee-n)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Every now and then there are some great threads at Guitarnoise with replies of real value. Would be nice to see some of the best threads moved to a "best of" forum so they can be found easier at a later date.

Here's a perfect example of what I mean. Tom's answer is brilliant and very educational.

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35868

No doubt Tom would dominate the archive but why not. :)

Just a thought. :)
Lee

Posted : 10/10/2007 11:22 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Such list may become subjective and arguments may also arise.

The 'best of GN forums' is a good idea but the angle from which it has to be decided is yet another problem.

You cited Noteboat's example. However, there are many great threads in Opinions and Polls, Gigs, Hear Here (and even in News) on other and less music related topics. Sometimes the topics are totally unrelated to music or guitar.

A better way of doing this would be to bookmark the threads you like, so that you can view them later.

Good Luck.

Posted : 12/10/2007 7:32 am
(@lee-n)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I understand what you're saying but I'm talking about threads that are purely educational in some way that could be considered an actual guitar lesson. There have been many many great threads in here but the point I mean is to separate those that assist in learning how to play guitar or help you understand something better.

The thread I pointed out is something I already understand but I still see threads like this as a great resource that end up wasted in the forum "pit" after some time. Global search isn't always the best answer. If you could search or even browse these kind of threads in one category then I think that would be very useful addition to this site.

Just my 2 pennies :)

Posted : 12/10/2007 12:21 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I think that's a great idea, Lee! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 12/10/2007 1:37 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Is the Wiki still there? Doesn't that fill this function?

I'm afraid that the task sounds easier than it actually is. The site does have lessons, and there is a forum for the lessons. I think personally that sometimes we end up with too many forums and it's hard enough to keep the existing ones organized. There are, in fact, so many that often posters now don't know which forum is the appropriate one for a thread.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 12/10/2007 4:50 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I think personally that sometimes we end up with too many forums and it's hard enough to keep the existing ones organized. There are, in fact, so many that often posters now don't know which forum is the appropriate one for a thread.
I agree. I always have problems with the unconventional posts and I'm here one year ago.

I agree with Rahul, too. I have a folder in my bookmarks where I save and classify the threads I consider interesting for a future use (I mean, for my future use). They can be reviews on some gear I could buy in the future, answers related to theory questions, opinions expressed by some members, etc. From time to time I review them but usually I use the search option or even better I use Google to search for some topic.

Posted : 12/10/2007 9:21 pm