Clear all

Printing out of articles

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@adrianjmartin)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

According to your Site Help you endorse print out of these articles. And claim the CSS is Media Type aware, so articles should just print out without adverts, banners, and other extraneous matter.

It doesn't seem to be the case now.

One articleI've found is split over 5 pages for some reason - ok its an old article...but is awkward to print.

Main reason I'm mentioning is because I'd like to read some of them offline on a Kindle and turning them in PDF is requiring alot of work sometimes.

Posted : 21/10/2011 11:36 am
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

Somewhere along the way the printing function broke. I haven't heard anyone mention the problem until now. It will take a while to whip up another CSS print file I'm afraid.

What is it you are trying to do? Print to paper or print to PDF?

What does work really well is if you can use Safari browser there is a function called Safari Reader. It separates the text from all the extraneous stuff on any site. Probably not the solution you are looking for, but at least something that will get the job done for you today.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 21/10/2011 12:42 pm
(@adrianjmartin)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I have a method using Chrome to delete the extraneous matter now...the article that threw me though was split into 'pages' for some reason.

https://www.guitarnoise.com/lessons/solving-the-puzzle/

Posted : 24/10/2011 8:19 am