Product reviews

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

One of the things I like about Guitar Noise is that it isn't Harmony Central. Here, you get to know and trust people pretty quickly, and you can generally be confident that opinions expressed are based on some serious expenditure of time and/or money. Whereas Harmony Central is a great place to get opinions of kids who just got a new Samick "and its the best gtr evur!!!!!!!" Or reviews by some clown who strummed somebody else's guitar at a party a few years ago & didn't like it. Or...

Presently I'm in the market for a pedalboard power supply. I know I can ask for recommendations -- but how about we have a place just for gear reviews, so that somebody with experience with the Godlyke power system can post details proactively?

Just a thought.

<C

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." - Frank Zappa

Posted : 12/03/2010 10:07 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

We did once have a forum devoted exclusively to suggestions about gear. Requests for gear suggestions and recommendations about gear now go to Opinions and Polls, but maybe it's time to consider resurrecting the forum for gear reviews and questions about which guitar/ amp/ etc. community members recommend.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 12/03/2010 11:39 pm