Clear all

Site Down...

11 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Its happened a bit today and last night too - both the forums and the main site. Eventually managed to find an old page to send a msg to the web-team, but I was'nt sure if it got through.

The main site shows the ad for David Hodge's Bass book, with a background of text saying the servers are too busy.

The forum says something about an SQL Error.

Anyways, hope this helps the folks running things to fix any issues.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 19/02/2008 1:09 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I chatted with Nick a bit earlier tonight and he is working on it.

#4491....

Posted : 19/02/2008 2:12 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

kewl, kewl - I googled the SQL Error message and it seems a bunch of phpbb3 boards are suffering the same problem if thats any help. just figured since the error hadn't been mentioned I should post something in case it hadn't been picked up yet.

for some reason, when I switched from the pc to my mac the error went away for me, but I reckon thats just coincidental.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 19/02/2008 2:39 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

It seems to be happening to alot of us. Nick will get it fixed. :)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 19/02/2008 3:36 am
(@guitar_samurai)
Eminent Member

I was actually just about to ask about that. Haven't been able to get on the site or the forums all day until a bit ago. Nice to see things are back up and running. I'm beginning to think I might be addicted to this place! 8)

Posted : 19/02/2008 5:27 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

kewl, kewl - I googled the SQL Error message and it seems a bunch of phpbb3 boards are suffering the same problem if thats any help. just figured since the error hadn't been mentioned I should post something in case it hadn't been picked up yet.
The first one caused all the others - the first one was when the code tries to connect to the database server and is refused because there are too many connections already open, all the others are just the page trying to get data from the database using the failed connection. Nick, give me a shout if I can do anything to help/advise ;)
for some reason, when I switched from the pc to my mac the error went away for me, but I reckon thats just coincidental.
Coincidence, as the problem happens before the page is sent out over the net. Either that or it's punishment for owning a mac :twisted:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 19/02/2008 8:09 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

A Mac is always desirable ! 8)

Posted : 19/02/2008 9:42 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Nick, give me a shout if I can do anything to help/advise ;)

Thanks very much for your offer. I may take you up on it.

Posted : 19/02/2008 11:29 am
(@gerry)
Honorable Member

Especially when its raining. :shock:

Those who can't dance always blame the band.

http://www.gerrycooper.com/

Posted : 19/02/2008 5:49 pm
(@beaner)
Estimable Member

Especially when its raining. :shock:

Now you guys have probably lost all the North Americans on this site.

Regards,
Paul

Posted : 19/02/2008 9:25 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

not this one, i was exposed to "Mac" early on

from "Penny Lane"
"On the corner is a banker with a motorcar,
The little children laugh at him behind his back.
And the banker never wears a mac
In the pouring rain, very strange."

#4491....

Posted : 19/02/2008 9:48 pm