Clear all

Song/lesson suggestion...

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I would like to suggest Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison as a beginners song/lesson (if there are others who would want to play it).

The riff is simple and it sounds good. The chords are all basic, the hardest one to get right is the F#m going from an A.

I watched a lesson on cable and this is the first song I can play from beginning to end and now being able to sing it while playing it........so it must be easy because it is my first success.

Just an idea, I feel the beginners lesson list cannot be long enough. The more choices there are for new players, the more likely there will be a song in the list that will provide the motivation to get through the first one from beginning to end. :D

Maybe one day I will have a website and post some lessons for my successes but for now I need so much more practice.

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

Posted : 31/07/2005 8:18 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Hi, Joseph,

how about you posting the lesson? If you feel unsure, just put together what you want to say and I or another mod will be more than happy to put a polish to it.
As far as I'm concerned (and I don't think anyone else would do it any differently), the article is yours.

How about it?

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 01/08/2005 6:08 pm
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hi Greybeard......
When I saw you replied to my message.....I was afraid you were gonna say that!
Ok. I will work on it and give it a shot, then send it to you.
But you (or whoever works on it) must take half the credit for fixing it up and making additions/changes/deletions you see fit to make it suitable for posting, ok?

I can't believe I am actually gonna sit down and attempt writing a lesson when 2 years ago I didn't know how to hold a guitar when I first found this site. :D

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

Posted : 01/08/2005 7:38 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

You'll have no problem - I'll happily look it over.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 01/08/2005 7:50 pm