Clear all

Theory lessons

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@trudolfs)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I just had a brillant idea, but then all your own ideas ar brillant, arent they ;D

I was thinking a bout some sort of theory lessons. And I say right now, I do not mean the same consept as with the beginners group or anything. It do not seams like the forum is the right way to handle this.

I was more thinking on the lines of a theory syllable with excercises. The syllable would divide the theory into suitable lessons. One lesson could be an article or part of one.

With each lesson there would be excercises to get some working practice of the theory. Should be both paperwork and practice of the guitar, like do this scale on these positions on the neck, or make a solo on these chords etc.

The work to put into this would be inventory of the theory at GN, dividing it, making new excercises, and (I think) completing missing teory at GN.

Ok, this is just my thoughts. Anyone with more ideas or opinions? ???

Posted : 27/09/2003 1:01 pm
(@alangreen)

Hi,

I presume you've looked at the theory lessons on this site - if they don't provide sufficient tutorial, let us know and we'll see what we can do.

https://www.guitarnoise.com/theory.php

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 30/09/2003 9:28 am
(@Anonymous)

hey allen,
after two and a half years of playing i've decided to learn theory and have been using the lessons on this sight... they are great lessons..my only gripe would be that there doesn't seem to be a smooth transition between them...maybe dave could break them down and put them back together so they have a good flow between them.

chris

Posted : 09/10/2003 5:43 pm