Clear all

First song, EASY

23 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@slowhand)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

What is a good easy song, ive been playing guitar for like 1 month, i know most of the basic chords (c, d, g, em, e, a, am and f(but its hard). I can play knockin on heavens door ( bob dylan version) kinda okay, but not al clean, but what is an easy song for a beginner like me, my guitar is an electic strat fender.

Ps. no songt involving barre chords og apeggio or other unusuel finger picking

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I would start with David Hodge's lesson here. It doesn't get any easier than this! :D From there, just work your way through the rest of the beginner songs and, when you're ready, move on to the intermediate songs.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@slowhand)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

lols, i like that chord, and what an easy change :) but i cant hear the mp3s is there and way to get it to work, it just turns a white screen on me when i click em

ReplyQuote
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Slowhand- You need to have quicktime instaled to be able to hear them. Not sure what the website for download is but google it and you'll find it easily.

Jack

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

If you're getting just a white screen, it may be trying to load Quicktime.
Here's the link to download Quicktime: http://free-download-place.net/quicktime/index.php?dp=2500
See if that helps.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Better yet is to right click on the MP3 link so you can download (use the "save target as" selection) the file onto your computer. You should then be able to play it with whatever sound system your computer has.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

What is a good easy song, ive been playing guitar for like 1 month,
Lots of early Dylan uses simple chords, but don't be too disappointed if you can't get things sounding great after one month.

The truth is that no song is really that easy for a beginner, unless you play something like a nursery rhyme. The reason for this is that you're generally trying to make something sound like a recording that you know - which usually means a band. And one beginner on guitar can't reproduce the effect created by four or five professional musicians and a ton of studio gear. The minimum is usually two instruments - a guitar and a voice, and if you can't sing, the accompaniment may not sound much on its own. Dylan is often a popular first choice because everybody thinks that he couldn't sing. But even his songs aren't that simple to nail at the beginning because he had a heap of experience with his timing (singing and playing) and touch (i.e strumming/picking etc). Both these aspects are mostly pretty shaky in the beginning stages.

All I'm saying here is that there's lots of choice for songs with basic chords, but don't get discouraged if they still don't seem so 'easy' yet when you try them. If you can make it sound part of the way there you're doing well. The rest will come over time. Good luck.

ReplyQuote
(@slowhand)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I would start with David Hodge's lesson here. It doesn't get any easier than this! :D From there, just work your way through the rest of the beginner songs and, when you're ready, move on to the intermediate songs.

Thats just too nice, a very easy yet good sounding song, and its so easy to understand cus u can build it up piece by piece, im allready at the ''bass'' stage :D

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Thats just too nice, a very easy yet good sounding song, and its so easy to understand cus u can build it up piece by piece, im allready at the ''bass'' stage :D

Excellent! Keep on keeping on! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@slowhand)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

which song besides that is very easy(no barre chord songs) ?? Perhaps,david hodge has a few more good songl essons for me ?? :D

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

https://www.guitarnoise.com/easy.php

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

What kind of music do you like, and what kind of guitar have you got? One of my first acoustic songs was working class hero, b y John Lennon. One of my first electric was Basketcase, by greenday.

Both are pretty easy (two chords in one case, power chords in the other), but either would sound annoying on the other guitar.

Best,
Ande

ReplyQuote
(@mahal)
Estimable Member

What kind of music do you like, and what kind of guitar have you got? One of my first acoustic songs was working class hero, b y John Lennon. One of my first electric was Basketcase, by greenday.

Both are pretty easy (two chords in one case, power chords in the other), but either would sound annoying on the other guitar.

Best,
Ande
You do know there are now a bunch of people working on an acoustic arangement of Basketcase. Which Greenday album is that on? 8) :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@slowhand)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

i like rock/metal

Prefered band : Guns N Roses

i play fender squirer

nuff said 8)

ReplyQuote
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member

Time of your life - Greenday, half the world away - Oasis. both very easy, look on the easy song database there are loads on there.. :D

A knock back is the beginning of a comeback!!!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2