Clear all

I'm stoked!!!

17 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

My daughter just learned "Heart of gold" well at least the intro. This is her 3 day of playing.

This place just freaking rocks! Thanks David. Thank you everyone.

Sid

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

That's terrific!! Sometimes it even better seeing our kids progression more than our own. Makes us PROUD.. heh Good for her.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

be proud. very proud.
Heart of Gold is such a great song.

the other day while seated behind my pedal steel, I was attmpting to learn where the minor chords were.

Em B and C pedal down 10 fret.
hey, that sounds familiar.
taking the pedals off and moving to the C chord. OMG. that's so familiar.

A and B pedals down up two frets for the G major.
again. so familiar.

it's Heart of Gold.

about an hour later I sounded like Garcia on the original recoding.

way cool song.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member

Fumble fingers, how old is your daughter? I have a 9 year-old and a 15 year-old. It just warms my heart to see them play, so I know how you feel.

I was in the kitchen the other day, and I hear the intro to Heart's "Crazy on You" (not the cool acoustic intro), and I go in to see my 9 year-old daughter knocking this thing out.......very cool.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well she's 15 and has a few problems such as OCD and borderline schizophrenia. Learning anything remotely difficult poses problems for her. She's not stupid but lives in her own little world.

I cranked the distortion up for her and let her play bad.... Ya know the more you crank the saturation up the better ya sound :P

My 17 yr old daughter has my Fender acoustic and has taken classes but does not live with me. I wish she played more :(

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

that's nice to hear, especially with her disadvantages :cry: . Music is a wonderful thing and could really help her with those things...you'd be surprised just how much it might.

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

She will do well if I can get her to stick with it.

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Good on her for succeeding like that. :)

I hope she can keep interested in playing. It can be a good friend and companion. I think that there would be quite a few musicians with a dash of OCD in them.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Being an elementary teacher one thing I have noticed is that kids with special needs tend to excel in the arts. Either physical education, music, or art make great outlet for these kids. Some of my students who have learning disablities are the best athletes in the school (all kidding aside that's where the term "dumb jock" comes from.). Yet when schools make cuts it's the arts that sre the first thing to go. I teach physical education and I am now lucky enough to have enough seniority that my job is safe.

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Being an elementary teacher one thing I have noticed is that kids with special needs tend to excel in the arts.

That's been my experience too Mike. Art and music can both be used to great effect in teaching kids with difficulties. :)

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hey, what happened to the thread? Some missing posts, at least there was more earlier.

Yeah she's a great little artist. She did a landscape painting that is absolutely beautiful.

Mike I feel for ya. I have a niece that is autistic and she is about 3 hands full.

ReplyQuote
(@snarfy)
Estimable Member

Good for her. I hope she sticks with it. It's very cool that you're so proud of her. I hope you're telling her as well as telling us.

And, you're right, this place DOES rock.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

My daughter just learned "Heart of gold" well at least the intro. This is her 3 day of playing.

This place just freaking rocks! Thanks David. Thank you everyone.

Sid
That, is what this whole thing is all about :D

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

8)

I feel a duet coming on......

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2