Notifications
Clear all

What do you sit on while playing?

33 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

When I sit it's either on a standard desktop chair or simply on the ground. Not very stylish but atleast you can be sure you'll never end up in a floor-less situation. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@dayzd)
Estimable Member

My bed. I'm almost always standing though.

Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung

-----------------------

<--=-.._DayZd_..-=-->

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

A hard chair, as opposed to a soft leather chair when on computer....or a garden chair (plastic) if it's nice outside (in England that's about 3 days a year...)

Vic.

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rush2112)
Trusted Member

I've seen armless "Musician's Chairs" for sail, and they look soooo comfortable but they're sooooo expensive.

I have no money, so I sit cross-legged on the floor and play like an indian.

"You know, it eez possible to be too attractive." - Pepe le Pew

"Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes." - Bill and Ted

ReplyQuote
(@slowfingers)
Trusted Member

I removed the arms from my computer chair !!!

Same here. I miss the arms sometimes, but it is worth it, since this is now a decent guitar chair too.

Seagull M6 Gloss

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

I've seen armless "Musician's Chairs" for sail, and they look soooo comfortable but they're sooooo expensive.

Musician's chair... :roll:

Someone's making a sweet buck on that.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I either stand or I have an old stool that you can make taller or shorter by turning the seat, and since I'm 5 foot nothing, it's the only stool that I can get to the exact height I need. Most are too tall and put me in awkward positions. But, I usually stand because I'm just more comfortable that way.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 gene
(@gene)
Estimable Member

A wooded stool, no back or arms to smack the guitar into. I have been standing some lately and it's getting easier.

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

I mostly sit as I have a back isses, but I do spend 30% of the time standing. Working to longer periods.

I use a sewing chair :) , padded, gas shock and swivels was not cheep though. I also sew kits and stunt kites as a hobby, that I do when I have tome left over from playing.

John M

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

When I sit, I use a computer chair that I took the right arm off of. I also bought a drummers seat that is adjustable.

I like the computer chair better because I can lean back and put my feet on the drummers seat. Hey, I gotta get my moneys worth out of the thing. :wink:

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

When I'm practicing I usually sit for awhile to get the passage down then I practice standing up.

I sit wherever I can on the couch, chair, stool wherever. But when I'm playing songs I stand for the most part.

It was a major leap for me to start standing and playing. I probably played for over a year before I tried standing and playing and the first few times I thought I'd never be able to do it, but now I prefer to stand.

Sometimes after standing for a long time my knee gets tired where I had my ACL repaired. Then I may sit for awhile until it stops aching.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@goodvichunting)
Reputable Member

I hold the guitar in the classical position.
So an adjustable stool and a few books to keep my left leg up.

Latest addition: Cover of "Don't Panic" by Coldplay
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=502670

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Typically when I am sitting it is on the edge of a couch with my left leg against the couch so the body of the guitar hangs out over the side and does not hit the arm plus I can put my back against the arm. I have all my equipment in the same room we watch TV so sometimes I even sit back on the couch with my feet up on a coffee table and practice unplugged with an electric until I get a complaint. Hey, even an unplugged electric does make some sound.

I prefer to stand because when I don't for a long time it is like relearning again how to stand and play.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

I sit on my a55..and thats on the comp chair cos I usually use powertab or guitarpro

ReplyQuote
(@smudga)
Eminent Member

a beanbag... u-huh, you heard me right!!!

After a few months on an extremely comfortable armless pew chair retrieved from an old english church, which decided it no longer wanted to be a chair but instead probably liked the look of my floor boards and now lays very flat!!!

(¯`·._..-SMUDGA-.._.·´¯)
A few clowns short of a circus!!!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3