Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

Requests

31 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@gooner265)

That would be great Matt,thanks a lot preferably ones without the 'f' chord ;) as I'm still struggling with that.

ReplyQuote
(@mattutaylor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

You sound a lot like me a about 3 weeks ago, I HATE barre chords but try playing an F xx3211

It is much easier and even if you barre the top 2 strings it helps practice your barring.

ReplyQuote
(@ronaldh)
Eminent Member

I won't post any Power Tabs links here anymore... however, why do you sit and create weak ascii tabs when there are 100% correct Power Tabs available? Tabbing something that has not been completely tabbed yet would make more sense... ego-stuff, eh?

...or generate chord/lyrics combinations as is the main issue in this forum...

EasyChord - Free Chord Dictonary - http://www.subjectmusic.com/easychord/
ScaleTool - Free Scale Generator - http://www.scaletool.com

ReplyQuote
(@mattutaylor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I dont agree that all Powertab stuff is perfect at all, and the only reason i sit here and take the time to write them up myself is a) because people ask and b) because i wish to create EASIER versions of more difficult songs where possible, to get people started.

However if no one wishes me to carry on i will stop

ReplyQuote
(@markyesme)
Estimable Member

I don't think anyone minds having the intro, outro or bridge tabs included in the file, but I think we need to focus on the chord/lyric/strum pattern stuff.  I think tabbed out intros, etc are just icing on the cake after you have the basic strumming and singing down pat.

Does eveyone agree with me, or am I completely out of touch?

The Easy Song Database: http://www2.shore.net/~maryesme/bin/easy.cgi

Take part in its creation: https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7

ReplyQuote
(@sjt1316)
Trusted Member

I don't think anyone minds having the intro, outro or bridge tabs included in the file, but I think we need to focus on the chord/lyric/strum pattern stuff.  I think tabbed out intros, etc are just icing on the cake after you have the basic strumming and singing down pat.

I agree, especially since the aim of this specific forum is to introduce easy songs to beginners.  While many may split hairs with me on this, I think it is more important to learn chords/strumming before learning how to solo/whatever, and here's why:  You can get by and contribute successfully as a rhythm guitarist, without needing to ever play lead.  I don't think you can be successful playing lead and not being able to play rhythm.  Just my $0.02...

--Steve
If you're enjoying it, are you still a struggling artist??
D~~n the man, save the Empire!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I won't post any Power Tabs links here anymore... however, why do you sit and create weak ascii tabs when there are 100% correct Power Tabs available? Tabbing something that has not been completely tabbed yet would make more sense... ego-stuff, eh?

...or generate chord/lyrics combinations as is the main issue in this forum...

ok, when you go to make a post if you will look up  the screen on top of the box you will see a bunch of little boxes with symbols. the third one from the bottom right is a code one this one---->#  if you click that box and already have the correct powertab already open then why not use that code to paste the actual tab to here? All i was saying is that there is way to much stuff to have to go and download just to retreave a tab from powertabs. some people just don't want to do that. but if you use the code symbol i was telling you about, you can post your songs tabs. not the link , the tab itself. that's all i was saying.

as far as the rest, i think Mattutayor is doing an excellant job on tabs. and i hope he don't stop. so what if he posted a few intro's and stuff, there's alot of people who want to learn that first anyway. later you can always learn the rest. but those things he tabbed are popular songs and also make good practice and execising, all it's doing is getting you to take steps. I am sure if you ask him, he will be more than happy to post the rest or even maybe send it to you through a PM message or something.

now, back to the request, Mattutayor. do you happen to know the song, "If you could only see" i believe that's what is called from the band Tonic?  the song goes if you could only see the way she loves me, then maybe you'd understand, why i feel this way about our love, and what i must do..." something like that haha

Also the acoustic verson to the song "LOW" from cracker

ReplyQuote
(@mattutaylor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks to all of the above - and i dont know wether or not your comments about tabbed songs were aimed at me or not, but the only song I have tabbed is "Excess Baggage" by staind, as A) It is all picking and B) It is easy. If there is an intro/outro/fill that i consider to be easy included in a song, i will put it, like i have in Tenacious D's "Dio".

Also to the guys who run this board, i think i am doing you a BIG favour, as before i did the easy riffs, there was hardly any action on this board for well over a week.

Sorry if i have cause any trouble, but as I have been asked i will continue to take, and produce requests for EASY songs, wether or not they are all picking songs, or simple chord songs.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

no man, i thank you for your efforts you have made things alot easier for me. what i was talking about was the metallica i guess cause i read where someone commented about that and you said something about the easy intro riff or something.

the staind song, "Excess Baggage" is 100% correct. good job man.

ok, i posted a tab i found on that Cracker song..."LOW" please look at it and tell me what you think and if you have any ideal about the strumming pattern.

I know i'm asking alot but if you get a chance, i would love to see a stone temple pilots - Creep mainly the strumming pattern, i think i may have the correct chords don't know yet , still researching and i haven't attempted playing it as of yet. and won't for a few days so take your time. and again thanks for all your hard work.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

oh and one more thing, mattutaylor, you have not caused any trouble at all. so please don't stop posting man. i really appreaciate what your doing. :D

ReplyQuote
(@ronaldh)
Eminent Member

I pretty love the idea of the forum (as I am soon hoping to support the whole idea with my Guitar Songbook Wizard), and I do not agree with posting well-known ascii intros of various songs, mainly for people who are obviously too lazy to check one of the large ascii tab sites (mxtabs, ...)

Complete Lyrics with all chord changes and correct chords is really something that's missing on the net since the closedown of OLGA. This should be the focus of this forum...

EasyChord - Free Chord Dictonary - http://www.subjectmusic.com/easychord/
ScaleTool - Free Scale Generator - http://www.scaletool.com

ReplyQuote
(@mattutaylor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Ronald - I disagree. This is not I dont think, intended to be a huge database of easy songs, YET. We have nowhere near enough and that is what i am trying to concentrate on doing.

And calling people lazy for not bothering to get the ASCII files is out of order. There was no need for it.

Trust - Cheers for all of your support man, and i am gonna have a quick look at them songs now.

ReplyQuote
(@sjt1316)
Trusted Member

now, back to the request, Mattutayor. do you happen to know the song, "If you could only see" i believe that's what is called from the band Tonic?  the song goes if you could only see the way she loves me, then maybe you'd understand, why i feel this way about our love, and what i must do..." something like that haha

I'll start on that when I get home to my guitar here in a few minutes...
Its not very hard at all, great song!! [/volunteer]

--Steve
If you're enjoying it, are you still a struggling artist??
D~~n the man, save the Empire!

ReplyQuote
(@mattutaylor)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey trust man - That tonic song is a bit difficult. Too difficult to be posted here on the ESD, but there is a good version at http://www.fretplay.com

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

ok Matt, wow i must really be advancing cause i learned almost all of it in one setting. but hey thanks for looking into it and for also giving me that link, i'm going to go check that out here in a sec. ;)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3