Clear all

Guess that chord

214 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
69.4 K Views
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

I may be TOTALLY off, but is it an Ab major 7?

E A D G B E
X X 6 5 4 3

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Nah, don't worry mate, someone's going to post the answer soon 8) Cmon Vic, Dan, Chris, Nuno :wink: :wink: Anybody :?
Sorry, I had a business travel this week. There are a couple of good proposals now. Let's see what does Sleutelbos say.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Vic's Answer: C Eb G F
Colorado's Answer: G Eb C Ab

The answer I was looking for was Fm9: F Ab C G (Eb omitted) [x 8 6 8 8 x]

Colorado hits all notes except the F, so while it's freakishly close I can't accept it. Vic's answer isn't quite it either but it can be seen as an inverted Fm9 (Fm9/C), omitting the third instead of the septim. So Vic's the winner of this showdown. :D

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Well, I was closer than I thought! :lol:

I kind of figured one of the tones was off, but I couldn't find it. And, since you said it was fairly simple, I didn't want to overthink it. Congrats Vic!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I was closer than I thought too - at one stage I tried x8788x.....and discarded it!

Oh well (that's not a clue BTW, even though it is an old Fleetwood Mac song!) let's see how you all get on with this - the chord is ridiculously simple, even though the voicing is unusual. I've done this without actually tuning my guitar, so it may be a touch out but not much.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=225059

Song is called "Shhhhh!"....

Clues will be forthcoming if you need them.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Is it E major, as follows?

E A D G B E

0 14 14 13 X X

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

i'll give you the chord , CFB, but not the voicing.....you're bang on the money with the open E (bottom) string but too high up with the rest.

You're sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo close - want to try again? and keep below the twefth fret? Think of a G-shaped chord moved long way up.....

And - can you tell me what classic rock song starts with that chord? No bonus points, but it'll do your street cred a lot of good....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Vic, the only thing I can come up with, is:

E A D G B E

0 11 9 9 9 x

These are basically all the same notes, just shifted over one string and then back 5 (or 4 frets)?

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

After fooling around a little more, I also came up with:

E A D G B E
0 7 6 4 5 x

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Vic, the only thing I can come up with, is:

E A D G B E

0 11 9 9 9 x

These are basically all the same notes, just shifted over one string and then back 5 (or 4 frets)?

That one's exactly right. You must have been "Listen(ing) to the Music!".....take it away, Colorado! (Didn't John Wayne once say that? To Rick Nelson, if memory serves me right? Rio Bravo? I'll have to look that up....)

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

I had the song, but forgot the name! The melody was rattling around in my head all day yesterday, but I couldn't come up with the words!

Okay, I have to figure out how to post a wav file. Good thing its Sunday - plenty of time to fool around with it! Stay tuned for my chord...

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Man! After several hours of screwing around trying to get this right, I think I FINALLY got it! Please let me know if this doesn't work - I wouldn't be surprised! I am not too PC literate.

Anyway, this is a fairly simple one:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=717820

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Colarado, I'm going for C#maj7

Eadgbe
x46564

:)

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Not a bad guess, but sorry. You are on the right track though.

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

No more contestants for this chord? Come on, its not that difficult! 8)

ReplyQuote
Page 11 / 15