14 Users
0 Likes
69.4 K Views
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Your new toys sound nice Nuno!

Are you playing a Csus2 = xx0533 ?

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Thanks Dan!

Let me see... No, it isn't a Csus2 but you are very, very near! You only miss a note!

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

A clue? If I say it is used in a very famous Spanish 80's pop song... Ok! It appears in several famous songs by Pink Floyd, The Beatles... Really the chord is used alot.

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Nuno - You were right! I went on vacation on the 3rd and got back a few days ago! Sorry to leave you all hanging like that!

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Thanks CFB! :D

Any idea about the current chord?

Dan only miss a note, a string. The chord is in fact a suspended chord and it is used (almost) constantly because the difference between the minor chord and the suspended chord is only the pinky!

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hooooolaaaaaa! :D

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Nuno the nearest I can tell with my ears is XX5463 which is a G7 So I guess that cant be right either if its a sus chord as you said.
I cant find anything around Dans XX0533 that sounds remotely right. Maybe I'll check my tuning :lol:

But just to let you know, I haven't given up :wink:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Sorry, I didn't see your post this afternoon.

No, it isn't a G7 :?

Really I thought the chord was very easy...

Summarizing:
1 - It is a suspended chord.
2 - Dan only miss one note.
3 - Dan only miss a string.
4 - I had a doubt when Dan said his chord because my chord has two names and one of them is "Xsus2".
5 - I thing it is not the correct term but you must move only one finger between its "base" chord and the chord.
6 - I said a couple of bands but to use its base chord and this chord it is a recurrent resource.
7 - The base chord is...

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

This thread needs a kick in the pants.

Come on people, someone other than Nuno must know this chord. :wink:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I thought I nailed it before, but alas, I was wrong. :(

I think we need Vic's ears on this one! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Come on! It is very easy! :D

Dan, you only miss one note/string... perhaps you can "tune" your first answer! :D

PS. Sorry but I'm sligthly lost with the new interface. I don't know where the important info is, there are a lot of info shown simultaneusly...

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Its not sus2 its sus4. Dsus4 aka:

EADGBE
xx0233

I'll post mine in a few minutes.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

http://www.box.net/shared/lmijotzo10

go for it

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

http://www.box.net/shared/lmijotzo10

go for it
TaylorR, congrats, you are right! :D

And we usually wait for an acknowledgment even when we are pretty sure we are aswering correctly. :wink:

The chord is Dsus4 [x x 0 2 3 3] = (D G A). Dan only missed the A tone in the third string. The pinky is used for the A note in the first string. When you change quickly from a Dm, even with a hammer-on/pull-off, it is when you get the typical sound.

TaylorR, sometimes the chord is also refered as Gsus2 or Gadd9(no3). I think it is an old and recurrent topic here (I mean, the sus4, the sus2 and the add9 chords). I call it Dsus4 but when Dan said Csus2 I remembered it could be called in a different way as a sus2 chord.

Now it is easy to find songs with this chord. I'm sure you all know a lot of them. As I said The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and a lot of bands used it. The Spanish song is Déjame by Los Secretos. Great group and it is very special song in the recent music here (there was many great groups and music in the 80's). Unfortunately the original singer and composer passed away by the drugs. Now his brother (the Rickenbaker player) is the new vocalist.

ReplyQuote
(@lunchmeat)
Estimable Member

Hate to ask....are we allowed to play this game if we can't record a chord? I really want to step into this.

-lunchmeat

ReplyQuote
Page 13 / 15