Podcast Notes

82 Posts
32 Users
0 Likes
59.1 K Views
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

If anyone is interested, I have put together a document containing notes for the first thirteen of David's podcasts on strumming. They are tabulated according to times and subject matter, and I have tried to include tabs for the various exercises. I am working through these podcasts myself, and so I put the notes together for my own reference. They are helpful in locating a specific topic or exercise that I might want to review.

I'll be happy to share it; it's a word documant and so I am not sure how to post it. Perhaps someone would be kind enought to offer a suggestion here.

I plan to tabulate the remaining podcasts as well as I progress through the series.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

(@davidhodge)

Hi Mike

Man, that had to be a lot of work. If you've got it in Word, I should be able to create a page for it here at Guitar Noise and then we can link this thread accordingly. So if you'd like to forward it my way:

[email protected]

And we can get things started. The holiday break may be just the time to get this done.

Speaking of Podcasts, please don't anyone give up on #22 just yet. Not sure why it's turned into the recording session from the Netherworld, but it has been giving me no end of fits. Hopefully we'll have it up online this week. If not, then it may have to wait until after Christmas.

Thanks again, Mike.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

For anyone intersted, my notes covering David's podcasts are now up do date- complete through number 25. These notes include references to times during the podcasts at which different topics are discussed; it also gives approximate times for practice exercises. I did this so I could quickly go to the right place in the podcasts if I want to prwactice along with the recording. There is also tablature of the various techniques. I've tried to be accurate here but I can't guarantee 100%.

These notes are in MS word, and I'll be happy to share them with anyome who is interested. Just PM me with your e-mail addy and I'll forward them.

Now that I am up to date, I'm going to try to get notes done for new podcasts within a week or two after a new cast is posted.

Regards,

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

That's terrific, Mike

Paul and I have been trying to figure out a place to put them onsite and we'll hopefully have them up online (full credit to you, by the way) within the next few weeks.

Can't thank you enough for making the time to do this for everyone.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@greyskies)

Mike
I would love to see the podcast notes

I'm a beginner guitarist and I have put a lot of effort but realized that I need to go back and restart at the basics. I think David's podcast are great and would love to work thru them.

Thanks
Brad
[email protected]

David, keep up the excellent work.

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Brad-

I'll try to get a copy out to you tonight. It's on my home computer.

Regards,

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@lue42)
Reputable Member

I would love to have a copy of these notes... Rum Runner, can either you or someone else that has a copy of his notes please forward it to me?

My email address is (backwards):
com.gmail@corywoodrow

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

ReplyQuote
(@dlake09)

Would Love to have a copy of Podcast Notes as well..

That is a Herculean Effort...
I truly enjoy the practice immensely..
It would be great to have the printed material as well

my email ( backwards as well)

gmail.com@dlake09

Thanks

Gene
Sebring, FL

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Hi Gene

Emailed you a copy this morning. Let me know if you don't get them.

And welcome to Guitar Noise, by the way. Looking forward to seeing more of you on the boards.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@longman)
Eminent Member

Hi David,

first post on this forum (absolutely love the site by the way). I have just started going through the podcasts and these notes would be a great help.

My e-mail (backwards because everyone else done it that way - don't understand why though?)

com.hotmail@rkinsh

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Conside them sent. Let me know if you don't get them.

I'm not sure why people are posting their emails backwards unless it's to avoid having their @ddress picked up by a 'bot.

Welcome to Guitar Noise, by the way! Glad you're here and I look forward to seeing you around here on the boards.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I'm not sure why people are posting their emails backwards unless it's to avoid having their @ddress picked up by a 'bot.
That's exactly it.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@tarheel)

I would also appreciate getting a copy of the podcast notes. My own scribbles were not very user friendly. I continue to go over the podcasts to reinforce the lessons. They have been, and continue to be, very helpful

Thanks for your help.
My backwards email:
yahoo.com@tchoneycutt

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

They're on their way. Let me know if you didn't get them.

Thanks, by the way, for your kind words concerning the podcasts. It's good to know that they are being of help.

Be seeing you around the boards.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@tarheel)

David
Just got it!

A great big thanks to you and to Rum Runner for making this material available.

Crawford

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 6