a new geetar on a good weekend

18 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

So I had a good weekend.

First, I won 2nd place in the Black&White Category in a photo contest. I think I should have won the whole thing, but that's neither here nor there.

Secondly, I totally pulled off an awesome trade. I traded my Seymour Duncan TweakFuzz, which is a great versatile pedal, but I could never make it work for me. My Big Muff suited me better. So I traded it, straight up, for an orange Ibanez Jet King JTK1. There was a catch. The guy I got it from tried to install a kill switch, so he had removed both the tone and volume pots. So I got a deal. I took it home, looked at the stock-wired tone and volume he had taken out, and got so confused that I wanted to just take it to my repair man and be done with it. But! I decided to be different.

I put the volume and tone pots back in the guitr, but I didnt wire them in. I wired the 3-way switch DIRECTLY to the output jack, made some grounds and presto! it worked. I gave it a good setup and it's playing like a dream. It has 2 buckers that you can split with little flip switches. I never use my tone and volume knobs anyway, keeping them all maxed out at all times, so why bother with them. It sounds pretty neat, trebly at times, but I tweaked it away on my amp knobs. Plays like a dream. All for a Fuzz pedal!

PICS!!!

they're big, hence the external links.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Very cool, like that color! Sounds like you got the better end of the deal!

Jim-Bone

ReplyQuote
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

Nice guitar!

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

That's a really cool guitar, it almost reminds me of a Fender Jaguar but it's definitely original.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Very nice, I like it! :)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Awesome trade indeed, I couldn't have put it better myself! Congrats on the new acquisition!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Very cool! What year is it? It looks like a vintage! And congrats on the contest win as well! :)

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

it's a 2005.

musica...Love And Peace Or Else...intended as a U2 reference?

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Yes, a U2 reference, but also a message I wish to convey! I also have it lasered into my rear license plate holder. To me it means that I love music and I'm always hoping for "Love and Peace" or I think we'll all find out what "or else" means way too soon! :shock:

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

SWEET! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

I'm gonna find me a FUZZ pedal.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Looks nice! I wish I could find someone as stupi ..... uhhh ...willing to trade a nice guitar like that for a pedal. :P

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@pinkpooj)

The guy who tried to make kill switch is dumb... They're easy as crap...

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Nice trade. Now I have some stocks I'd like to talk to you about...

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Very nice, great trade

Jack

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2